Information on Cycling at WIT
In this section, you will find information on all things cycling across all campuses at Waterford Institute of Technology for the academic year.
Here you will find information on bicycle parking, facilities, rental and safety along with information on the Waterford Greenway.
On the main campus, there are numerous areas where bicycles can be parked
- At the side of the Tourism and Leisure building
- Between the Administration building and the Engineering corridor (opposite the Security Office)
- Outside the Gallery Restaurant directly opposite the Walton IT building
- Bicycle Shelter (between Gallery Restaurant and Walton IT Building)
- The left-hand side of the Library entrance
- Outside the Transport Office (Beside Clubs and Socs)
- The exit to the back car park
Showers are available for use in the O'Connell Bianconi (Health Sciences) Building.
Bicycle parking is available to the front and rear of the College Street Campus.
Shower and locker facilities are available for use located in the Dance Studio (just past the chapel).
Bicycle parking is available to the front of the WIT Arena, the ARCLabs and TSSG building
Shower facilities are available in the WIT Arena for WIT Students and Staff.
The Waterford Greenway is a spectacular 46km off-road cycling and walking trail along an old railway line between Waterford and Dungarvan.
With the Greenway now in full operation, it can be accessed through the free front carpark (Zone 2) of the WIT Arena.
Bike hire is available with Greenway Waterford Bike Hire which is located at WIT Arena reception.
A bike rental scheme is available at WIT by WIT Students' Union. The bikes are available through Waterford Cycle Centre which is located at Knockhouse Business Park, Old Kilmeaden Road, Waterford.
€100 for Rental for the college year + €100 refundable deposit - includes Helmet, Lock and Breakdown Service
Call to Students' Union for more information.
In order to get your card programmed to access the bicycle shelter (located between the Gallery Restaurant and Walton IT building) you must complete the form below (either print the form or pick one up in the Estates Office) and return it to the Estates Office on the Cork Road Campus.
- Access will only be granted to current students and staff (proof of ID may be required)
- Students will only be granted access for the current academic year
- Bicycles must be secured in the Bicycle shelter using a D lock
- Bicycles should not be left in the shelter overnight
- Please ensure to close the door behind you, any issues can be reported to Security on 0879400888 or to [email protected]
- WIT cannot accept any responsibility for bicycles damaged or stolen whilst using the bicycle shelter
Cycle Smart, Cycle Safe: Sharing the Road - Road Safety Authority (RSA)