Lecturer in Multimedia
School of Science & Computing - Dept Computing & Mathematics - Software, Mobile and Web Development
+353 0 51302741
325 1969 - Main Building
Position: Lecturer in Multimedia
Publications and Presentations:
* Fitzpatrick, C. and Lanigan, M. (2004). “Accessibility guidelines for the World Wide Web”. Article published in the Irish Scientist Yearbook 2004.
* Fitzpatrick, C. (2003). “A Meta-level Approach, using XML, to the development of e-learning Material”. Paper presented at the EdTech Conference, Waterford Institute of Technology.
* Masters Thesis “Computer Based Learning and Primary Education”, 2002.
* Research paper for EDTECH 2003, the fourth Annual Irish Educational Technology Users Conference, May 2003. The title of the paper is: “A Meta-level Approach, using XML, to the development of e-learning Material”. The paper was presented at the conference in W.I.T.
* Research paper for the 2nd Annual Conference of the Learning and Teaching Support Network (LTSN) Centre for Information and Computer Sciences, August 2001. The title of the paper is: “An XML approach to creating Web-based Learning Environments”. The paper was presented at the conference at the University of North London in August 2001.
* Poster for the LTSN Conference, August 2001. This poster was also presented at the conference.
* Research paper for The Irish Scientist Yearbook, 2001, titled: “Developing a Web-based Architecture for a School Curriculum”.
* Masters Title: Computer Based Learning and Primary Education. The principal objective of my research masters was to produce a multimedia teaching application aimed at a certain young age group based on a design strategy developed from the application of suitable Education and Learning theories to Computer-Based Learning.
o WeLearnT Research: Computer Assisted Assessment & Multiple Intelligences
* The Open Distance Learning Project. The aim of this project was to develop and trial the operation of a Pan European Open and Distance Learning (ODL) environment to support pre-school teacher training using distance training.
* EU MINERVA project on Web-development for Social Inclusion. I was involved in this project as a researcher, developer and coordinator.
* EU Comenius project.
Research Masters Student Supervision
Taught Masters Student Supervision
M.Sc in Multimedia & eLearning – Instructional Design
eLearning & Accessibility, Web Design, Web Development, Programming, Software Engineering, HCI, ICT Skills, Project Supervision.