Josephine Holohan is Projects Manager with the Research Office, previously National Research Programme Officer at WIT, and prior to that the Commercial Research Manager at the RIKON Group (2009-2019). Josephine graduated from WIT (2009) with a Research Masters in Business. Between 2009 - present, Josephine has been employed by WIT/RIKON initially as a senior market analyst, involving the design, implementation and analysis of market assessment/diagnostic tools and methodologies for commercial and applied research projects. Key to this role was the dissemination of research commercially. She is currently the NRPO at WIT, As the National Research Programme Officer, her role is to co-ordinate the pre- and post-award funding support for National Research Funding Programmes in WIT. She liaises with research funding agencies such as Science Foundation Ireland (SFI), Irish Research Council (IRC), the Higher Education Authority (HEA), the Health Research Board (HRB), Enterprise Ireland (EI), Teagasc, and others. She also heavily engages, coordinates and liaises with Industry partners and other external organisations. Josephine also works closely with SMEs. She has worked with national and local government in Ireland and has advised a broad range of private sector organisations in process transformation over her career. She had a particular interest in Lean Principles and their practical implementation in industry.
Past Projects/Event Planning
1. Lead Analyst on Waterford Retail Network Project (2007-2008)
2. Lead Analyst on Kilkenny Traffic Study and Kilkenny Retail Perception Study (2010-2011)
3. Lead coordinator for the “Innovation Express” international conference in Kilkenny (network/conference event) (2012)
4. Judging Kilkenny Awards & New Ross Awards (Business & Professional) – interview panel etc. (2011 & 2012)
5. Presentation to Failte Ireland on “Senior Tourism” and the national research forum (2013)
6. Lead researcher and coordinator for Bray Tourism destination development (2012-2013)
7. Lead researcher and coordinator for Strategic development of Destination Enniscorthy (2013)
Guest Lecturing in WIT
Previous role in the group include: Market Analyst and project manager- plan, execute and finalise projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This included acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and 3rd party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. As project manager I also define the projects objectives and oversee quality control throughout its lifecycle.
Key Responsibilities include:
1. To establish and maintain effective relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders.
2. To lead and managing complex projects that are strategic in nature and national in scope.
3. To execute projects on time and on budget.
4. Strong interpersonal, communication, facilitation and presentation skills.
5. Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
6. Knowledge of workforce strategies and business modelling as planned and developed in a variety of sectors
7. Ability to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximise performance.
My core responsibility involves the design, implementation and analysis of market assessment/diagnostic tools and methodologies both qualitative and quantitative for commercial and applied research projects. The role also involves deriving business-relevant conclusions from studies and effectively communicating them to the specific audience. In addition, I have responsibility for designing and writing case studies for applied research projects, for example:
• Institute of Technology Ireland (2011), “Destination Analysis, Planning and Development”, Innovative Research Solutions with Industry, IOTI
• Institute of Technology Ireland (2010), “Improvement in New Product Development”, Innovative Research Solutions with Industry, IOTI