Lecturer in Computing
School of Science & Computing - Dept Computing & Mathematics - Information Systems & Modelling
325 1969 - Main Building
Position: Lecturer in Computing
Qualifications: BSc Applied Computing, MSc Computing. BTEC (Level 4) Professional Certificate in eLearning.
1. Power, M. Masters Thesis “Development and Evaluation of a Computer-Based Learning Tool for adults with Learning Disabilities in Mathematics”, (2002).
2. Power, M. & Landy, M. (2004). “Customisation of an eLearning Environment for Visually Impaired Students”. Article published in the Irish Scientist Yearbook 2004.
3. Power, M. (2001). “Interactive Mathematical Teaching Applications”. Article published in the Irish Scientist Year Book.
1. Power, M. & Landy, M. (2004). “Human Computer Interaction (HCI) Practices to Enhance the eLearning Experience of Visually Impaired Students”. Poster presented at the EdTech Conference, Institute of Technology, Tralee.
2. Power, M. (2003). “Using MathML To Support The Development And Use Of A Web-Based Learning Environment”. Paper presented at the EdTech Conference, Waterford Institute of Technology.
3. Power, M. (2001). “Computer Mediated Learning Support for Mathematics”. Poster presented at the LTSN conference held in the University of North London.
Research Student Supervision (Masters Level)
eLearning, Systems Analysis and Design, Software Engineering, Databases, Networking, Project Supervision, ICT Skills