- Lecturer - Programme Leader
- Engineering -Department of Built Environment
- [email protected]
- 1969 - Main Building
- Main Campus
Education - University of Ulster, Jordanstown, Co. Antrim, Northern Ireland
- The Robert Gordon university, Aberdeen, Scotland.
- 1991 Master of Science in Construction Management
- 1981 Bachelor of science in Quantity Surveying
- 1977 Higher National Diploma in Building
Menbership of Professional Bodies
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of building (2002)
- Fellow of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (2002)
- Fellow of the Society of Chartered Surveyors Ireland
Establishing links between formal learning and field study experiences for Undergraduate Courses.
Development of practical experience opportunities for Offshore Engineering Module.
Outward Bound management development activities for use on surveying related courses at RGU, Aberdeen.
2005 to date WIT - Course Leader for BSc (Hons) Quantity Surveying
1997 to 1998 - Lecturer in the Built Environment at Lisburn College of Further and Higher Education, Northern Ireland
1992 to 1997 - Lecturer in Quantity Surveying and Construction Management at The Robert Gordon University, Scott Sutherland School, Garthdee, Aberdeen
My Professional Experience
Profession Quantity Survying Experience
1999 to 2005 - Senior Quantity Surveyor, Nolan Ryan Partnership, Waterford
1998 to 1999 - Senior Quantity Surveyor / Project Supervisor, Levins Associates, Kilmacanogue, Dublin
1981 to 1990 - Senior Quantity Surveyor in Profession Quantity Surveying Offices, Northern Ireland.
1974 to 1981 Director of Contracting Company in Nortern ireland undertaking listed building works.
2003 to 2005 External Examiner at WIT for BSc Construction Economics
2008 to 2011 External Examiner at IT Tralee for BSc Quantity Surveying
Expert Witness - recent involvement (2012 to 2015) in Mediation, Concilliation and Arbitration both in PQS capacity representing Client and Contractor.