Welcome to the External Examiners homepage.
We hope to provide you with the necessary information you require to act as External Examiner in Waterford Institute of Technology. If there is any information that you require that is not provided, please contact Ms. Inna Kuzmenko on 051 302042 or [email protected].
External Examiners should complete their report and expense claim forms as soon as they have completed their duties for the academic year. Report forms are now available to submit online (see subsection on left of the screen).
Thank you for acting as External Examiner in Waterford Institute of Technology.
External Examiners Schedule of fees
Current fees payable are as follows:
Module External Examiners
- Set fee of 220 euros, together with
- an additional fee of 60 euros per subject group/programme assigned.
School External Examiner
- Fees are currently being considered by Executive Board.
Once the External Examiner Report is submitted, fees are be payable once per annum, normally in November. Fees will be taxed at source.
Travel and subsistence expenses will be payable based on Public Service rates.
Overnight Rate: €147.00
- €14.01 for more than 5 hrs but less then 10 hrs
- €33.61 for 10 hrs or more
- Engine Capacity up to 1200cc: €0.3795 per km
- Engine Capacity 1201cc to 1500cc: €0.3795 per km
- Engine Capacity 1501cc and over: €0.4479 per km
As part of the introduction of PAYE Modernisation in the Irish tax system we have been advised by Revenue that everyone must:
1. Have a valid PPSN (Personal Public Service Number). AND
2. Register with “myAccount” on the Revenue website.
1. Applying for PPSN Number as a Non Resident
As a non-resident, it is possible for you to apply for an Irish PPSN, without having to attend in person to their offices. You need to complete the relevant documentation and either scan and email OR post the application to:
Scan and email to: [email protected]
Post: Client Identity Services, Department of Social Protection, Shannon Lodge, Carrrick on Shannon, Co. Leitrim, Ireland
A PPSN number will be sent to you within 2 weeks. Documents for PPSN application is availble under the Downloads tab.
2. Notifying WIT of your PPS Number
Once you have received your PPSN, you will then need to complete the HR Set-Up form, scan and email it to Inna Kuzmenko on [email protected], External Examiner Coordinator, in order to get set up on our Payroll system.
3. Registering with “myAccount” on Revenue website
In addition to the above, it is also imperative that you register with “myAccount” on the Revenue website – step-by-step guide document can be accessed below:
If you have any questions or need clarification on anything to do with PPSN, please feel free to contact our WIT Payroll team on [email protected] or +353 51 302045/302046.
Forms for External Examiners:
Applying for a PPS number form abroad: