Parental Leave Application Form please see dedicated tab above for details of change to parental leave
Welcome to WIT!
There are three forms that you need to complete to get you set up as a new staff member at WIT
3. New Staff ID form - this form is available from the HR office and must be stamped by HR in order to get a Staff ID card. Please see our office opening hours.
Please complete these forms and return them to the HR office. All forms are available in hard copy from the office.
From 23rd October to 6th December, 2019, we are trialling an online sick leave notification form.
The option also remains to inform us via telephone. To do so, please ring us on 051 302050. If you are directed to voicemail, please leave a message clearly stating:
1. your name
2. your staff ID number
3. what days you will be out sick
4. the name of your line manager
5. the department you work in
You only need to inform us via one of the methods above (i.e. online form OR phone)
Queries regarding sick leave can be sent to [email protected]
Sept 2020 - For the attention of staff members with children under the age of 13
There has been a recent amendment to the Parental Leave Act. Here are the main points:
· An extension of the period of unpaid parental leave from the current entitlement of 22 weeks to 26 weeks comes into effect from the 1st September 2020
· The age of the child in relation to whom parental leave is available is up until the day the child turns 13.
· This new entitlement allows for staff who have previously used their full entitlement of parental leave to claim any unused leave as long as their child is under the qualifying age (up to the day they turn 13).
· A minimum of 6 weeks advance notice is required from the staff member to apply for this additional leave
· In the case of a child with a disability and/or long-term illness, a staff member is entitled to 26 weeks unpaid parental leave in respect of each child up to the age of 16
· In the case of an adopted child aged between 11 and 13 years, entitlement to parental leave shall end not later than two years from the date of the adoption order
· Once arrangements are agreed between the staff and their manager/Head of Department, the staff member must complete the application form which can be found here: Parental Leave Application Form
A copy of the circular letter can be found here
Please email any queries you have in relation to the above to [email protected]