This course is now closed for applications for 2021/22.
A one-year part-time qualification for people looking to advance their careers in the construction industry.
The modern Construction Site Manager is recognized an integral part of the construction process and requires a range of management, technical and interpersonal skills to successfully deliver buildings and infrastructure. In collaboration with local and national construction companies, this programme has been developed to meet a critical industry need for suitably qualified and experienced Construction Site Managers. Participants will be the busy Tradesperson, Foreman or Site Manager, who want to upskill whilst maintaining their employment. The programme will be delivered on a part-time basis using a blended learning approach, placing a strong emphasis upon work-based learning.
The employed will pay €510 (10%) of the total course fee with the Government paying the remaining 90% of the course fee on your behalf. The fee will be payable only at the final stage of the application process when you have been offered a place. The course is fully funded for unemployed people and people returning to formal employment - please see http://springboardcourses.ie/eligibility
Applicants who have completed a minimum Full NQF Level 6 programme in Construction Management or in a cognate area of study will be eligible for entry to the programme.
Cognate discipline areas of study include: civil engineering, construction studies, construction economics, architecture, architectural technology, building services, building surveying, quantity surveying, energy engineering, energy management, building physics, physical and chemical sciences, health and safety, fire safety, fire management, fire systems, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, manufacturing engineering, process engineering, electronic engineering, systems engineering.
Applicants who have a senior trades apprenticeship qualification in plumbing, electrical, carpentry, brick and stonelaying, electrical instrumentation, electronic security systems, instrumentation, industrial electrical engineering, manufacturing engineering, manufacturing technology, mechanical automation, pipefitting with a minimum of 2 years relevant experience will be eligible for entry to the programme.
Entry to the programme may also be allowed via the Institute’s Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) process on an individual case-by-case basis. This RPL process includes the matching of the candidate’s prior learning (education and experiential) with the equivalent Level 6 programme outcomes. Bridging studies may be offered where an applicant requires up skilling.
Applicants who do not currently meet the academic entry requirements may wish to consider using WIT's Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) mechanism. The Springboard RPL form is available at https://www.wit.ie/images/uploads/Education_School_PDF/WIT_RP6_Springboard_RPL_Form.docx
Please complete the form electronically and submit by email along with all supporting documentation such as education and training certificates etc.
Applicants for whom english is not their first language will, in all cases, be required to submit certification that they meet WIT’s English Language Competency Requirements - please see www.wit.ie/about_wit/documents_and_policies/english_language_requirements