Monday 7-10pm and every second Wednesday 7-10pm, and/or blended option
This 15 credit Minor Award aims to provide an opportunity for people working within or seeking to enter the HRM/Personnel field, and people responsible for managing people to undertake a professional course in HRM. It aims to develop the key skills, knowledge and competencies to prepare candidates to perform effectively in a HRM role.
• Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the human resource management process and of the strategic role HRM plays within the organisations
• Show an awareness of the changing role of HR practitioners and the conflicts inherent in that role
• Demonstrate the skills and competencies associated with the core HR processes and practices
• Present professional business presentations in diverse environments
• Demonstrate the potential to continue a course of professional development at a higher level
Certificate in Human Resource Management (15 credits, Level 8)
Cost, if eligible for bursary scheme: €445
Assessment is a combination of exams and continuous assessments
HRM Theory and Practice- 10 credits
Professional Oral Communications- 5 credits
On successful completion of the Certificate in Human Resource Management students may progress to other courses in the School of Business. Progression, admission and exemptions will be considered on a case by case basis.