Diploma in Supervisory Practice

DiplomaSupervisory Practice

Code:
BSUPR
Delivery:
Springboard
Level:
7
Campus:
Cork Road
Duration:
30 weeks
Closing:
16 Aug 20
Credits:
60 ECTS

The WIT Diploma in Supervisory Practice helps candidates to develop supervisory leadership competencies and to transition from an operative level to that of a supervisory manager role. WIT has developed this programme to meet the needs of organisations in the South East of Ireland who have communicated skill shortage within bio-pharma/medical devices, engineering and manufacturing sectors for Supervisory Leadership development. In addition, Level 7 award is the minimum level of recruitment of supervisors to these organisations.  More specifically the objectives of the programme arae as follows: Managing Self, Managing Team and Managing Operations.

Delivery

September 2019 - May 2020

To facilitate the adult, working cohort of students, we will used a blended learning approach to the delivery of this programme.  It will use a combination of asynchronous, online and synchronous, face-to-face, learning/teaching. The online element of delivery will utilise WIT's virtual learning environment, namely Moodle.  Tools for online delivery will include inter alia webinars (Adobe Connect) in addition to document and link provision, and the use of online testing.  Face-to-Face class based lectures will be 2 days per month (Block Release), a total of 6 days per semester and 4 hours online per month.  This delivery mode was specifically designed to suit both the requirements of working individuals and that of the organisation releasing an individual to undertake an educational programme. 

Cost

The employed will pay €4980 (10%) of the total programme fee with Government paying the remaining 90% of the programme fee on your behalf.  The fee will be payable only at the final stage of the application process when you have been offered a place. The course is fully funded for unemployed people and people returning to formal education - please see http://springboardcourses.ie/eligibility

In order to facilitate the delivery of programmes during the Covid-19 pandemic, module outline and order may change slightly for the academic year 2020/2021.

Year 1
Semester 1Semester 2
Self-ManagementTransition Management
Supervisory LeadershipTeam Coaching
Lean OperationsManaging Operational Performance
Integrated - Work Based ProjectIntegrated - Work Based Project
Project and Change Management

 

 

At a minimum for students to be accepted on the Diploma in Supervisory, the current standard entry criteria are as follows:

Applicants should have a minimum Level 6 Higher Certificate qualification, in any discipline, along with a minimum of 1 years relevant industry experience.
Applicants who do not hold a Level 6 Higher Certificate qualification may be considered on the basis of a Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) application to a Level 6 standard or equivalent provided they have a minimum of 1 years relevant industry experience.
RPL allows candidates to make a case that they do meet entry requirements through a combination of formal certified learning and learning through (work) experience. RPL applications must be made by filling out (please type) the Springboard RPL form and submitting it along with supporting documents such as academic certificates and transcripts etc. Download the WIT Springboard RPL Form here https://www.wit.ie/images/uploads/Education_School_PDF/WIT_RP6_Springboard_RPL_Form.docx

Applicants for whom english is not their first language will, in all cases, be required to submit certification that they meet WIT’s English Language Competency Requirements - please see www.wit.ie/about_wit/documents_and_policies/english_language_requirements

Course Leader

  • Dr. Patrick Lynch

    PhD, BBS - Lecturer / Programme Director and Director, Founder and Senior Researcher for RIKON

    Tel: 51845642 Email: [email protected]

  • Course Leader


    Ask a Course Question

    If you need to contact the course leader directly, please use the email address listed above.

    If you are considering applying for this course and have particular questions about it or the application process, please use the form below to ask your question.

    To ensure your question is answered more speedily, please try to choose the relevant contact point in the drop down menu. If you are unsure of your contact point, please choose "General".