Those applying will normally have demonstrated an outstanding sporting ability. This can range from county to Olympic level competition. The level of scholarship will reflect the achievements of the individual applying. Some preference is given to current Focus and Olympic sports.
- Sports scholars must be a member of an NGB recognised by Sport Ireland
- Sports scholars must have an intention to compete at elite level in their sport
- Sports scholars must have the intention to represent the college and compete as a member of their college sports club
- Sports scholars must commit to training to reflect their targets set out in their application
- Sports scholars must declare all injuries and illness
- Sports scholars must be eligible to compete for the college
- Sports scholars must abide by and sign the WIT Sport Scholarship Agreement
Continuation on the scholarship programme each year is dependent on the recipient making satisfactory progress in both academic and sporting performance.
Students must have accepted on offer of a place at WIT in order to be eligible for scholarship. The scholarship has no influence on college offers or places and will not have any influence on CAO or entry requirements. The scholarship is also open to current students both undergraduate and postgraduate.