The following are some of the most common enquires we receive regarding our on Campus accommodation.
- 1. How do I apply for accommodation?
Applications for 2019-2020 will open on Monday, 4 March 2019 at 12 noon.
- 2. What do I need to apply for WIT Campus Accommodation?
You will need your deposit payment, details of your course & some personal information i.e home address, date of birth etc.
- 3. How much is the deposit?
The deposit is €300. All cancellations will be subject to an administration fee of €100.00. Applicants must inform WIT Novus – Accommodation of their cancellation in writing or by email within 3 days of the CAO results being issued. Cancellation over the phone will not be accepted.
- 4. How do I choose the right accommodation?
The WIT Campus accommodation team can assist you with making a choice but where you live is a personal decision. City Campus is located close to College street campus, but with a free bus service each morning and evening, getting to the Cork road campus couldn't be simpler. If you hope to work during your time at WIT, City Campus is located close to the city centre.
There is a limited number of spaces available for students to stay for semester 1 only or semester 2 only. Students requesting this must e-mail [email protected] before submitting an online application. Due to high demand early booking is highly recommended. Payments for each semster must be recieved in full
For Semester 1 this period of occupancy is from September 2019 – December 2019
For Semester 2 this period of occupancy is from January 2020 – May 2020
- 5. When can I check in? If I arrive early can I check in?
The earliest check-in date for the Academic Year 19/20 is Sunday, 1 September 2019. Unfortunately we are unable to facilitate an earlier check in date.
- 6. Can I check in if I have not paid my rent?
A keycard can only be issued if payment is received prior to 1 September 2019. As per our Terms & Conditions there are two payment options 1). Full Payment of the Licence Fee plus utilities This option will entitle you to a discount of €80 or 2). Payment of 55% of the Licence Fee plus utilities
- 7. Where do I get my key?
Your keys can be collected from City Campus reception upon arrival or College Campus apartment where one of our wardens will be there to greet you.
- 8. Who will I live with?
WIT Campus Accommodation apartments consist of 3, 4 and 5 bedroom apartments. We endeavour to put first year students together similar to putting second, third and fourth year students together. We try to maintain a good gender balance within our apartment, should this be your preference. However if you know of another person who may be booking Campus Accommodation also we will endeavor facilitate if you wish to share the one apartment.
- 9. Will there be enough accommodation?
There is plenty of WIT Campus accommodation available but in order to get exactly what you want, you should make your reservation as early as possible.
- 10. How do I pay the rent?
You can choose either Option 1,2 or 3 as outlined below;
Full Payment in advance
Discount of €80 applies to all accounts paid in full on or before the first day of licence period
Payments in Instalments
55% on or before the first day of the licence agreement
25% on or before Friday 1 November 2019
20% on or before the Friday 31 January 2020
Students have the option to stay for Semester 1 only or to stay for Semester 2 only
Payments for each Semester much be received in full
You can payment over the phone by Visa Debit, Visa, Visa Credit, MasterCard etc. by calling me on 051 306100 or 087 2904612.
Please see alternative payment methods below;
* Important: If you are organising payment by Bank Transfer, Postal Order or Cheque, please ensure to make payable to DCS Campus Accommodation.
Should you wish to pay by Direct Debit, please see back details below.
Our Account details are as follows:
Account Name: WIT DCS Accommodation
Account Address: AIB, Lisduggan, Waterford
IBAN: IE55 AIBK 9341 1919 6736 96
Sort Code: 934119
Account Number: 19673696
* Please reference your FULL NAME when making the payment.
- 11. What is included in the rent?
Your rent covers your occupancy of the property from September to when you finish your exams in May.
- 12. What other costs should I expect?
Utility charge - €400 which covers refuse and Wi-Fi and electricity. This must be paid prior to check in. This covers the cost of weekly refuse removal and Wi-Fi. There is an allowance of €220 for electricity which will be added to a pre pay metre installed in the apartment. Each apartment is metered seperately for electricity and the tennents are liable for all electricty used in equal shares if their consumption is greater than €220 paid. The electricty is supplied by Pinergy and is a pre-pay system. No electricty bills will be issued.
All students are responsible for their individual apartments for having a TV licence.
Car Park - €200. This payment is for the year. Must be paid in full upon arrival.
- 13. What do I need to bring with me?
You will require crockery, cutlery, glassware and cooking utensils, bed linen, duvet, pillow, towels, and tea towels.
Your bedroom has a bed, desk, chair, bookshelves and wardrobe. We provide each bed with a mattress protector.
- 14. How can my parents contact me by telephone?
You can call City Campus reception on 051 306100 or 087 2904612 and we can take and pass on a message to a resident.
- 15. Where will my parents & others send my mail?
City Campus Residents College Campus Residents
WIT City Campus Student Accommodation
WIT College Campus
Main Accomodation Office
Waterford Institute of Technology
- 16. Where can I do my laundry?
A launderette is located in both College Fields and City Campus, both are staffed by housekeepers. The laundry in College Fields is located on the bottom floor of Suir House. In City Campus it's located just off reception. A 5kg bag costs €8 and a 10kg bag is €15 for wash, dry and fold.
- 17. Is smoking allowed?
No smoking is not permitted in any of the accommodation units or common areas. If a resident is found to be smoking within any of these areas a fine will be imposed.
- 18. Where is WIT located in relation to the city centre? Can I walk there?
The college is located on the Cork Road in Waterford City. The City centre is about 10 minutes by bus/taxi. It would take approx 30 minutes to walk and this is not advisable by night.
- 19. What if I change my mind or find alternative accommodation? Do I get my deposit back?
Unfortunately, given the high demand for on-campus accommodation, you will forfeit your deposit should you wish to cancel your booking with us. Furthermore you will be liable for all rent owing if you have a contract signed.
- 20. Are the rooms insured?
Insurance for personal items such as PCs, laptops, stereos and other personal belongings are not covered.
- 21. When you make the booking application what is the next process?
- Once you have paid your security deposit you will not have to do anything until the 1st round of CAO offer are released in August 2019.
- At this point you will have three days to decide if you wish to still avail of WIT Campus Accommodation. It is important to note that all cancellations must be received within 3 days of the 01st CAO offers being issued. Cancellations must be made by email or in writing, an email will suffice. Cancellations by telephone will not be accepted. All cancellations will be subject to an administration fee of €100. Cancellations received after this date, will result in the forfeit of the full security deposit payment.
- In mid-August after all cancellation are received, we will issue our formal offers of accommodation by email.
- If you receive a formal offer by email you must respond to email within a specified time period (this time period will be outlined within the email) stating whether you are going to accept or decline the offer.
- Please Note; Should you receive an offer and decide to decline you will forfeit your full deposit
- If you choose to accept your offer, we will send a further email detailing the next steps in the process that you will need to follow prior to your arrival
- 22. If you apply and pay your Deposit in full are you guaranteed a place?
Online application for the academic year will open on 4 March 2019 at 12pm. If you are an early booking and have paid your deposit, you will be guaranteed a room for September. This will be the case until we become fully occupied. At this point, all applicants are added to a waiting list in order of application date.
**We operate on a first come first served basis and not a lottery system