WIT Student Pad
WIT Student Pad is a website dedicated to providing our students with a first class modern solution to find safe and suitable Private Rental Sector student accommodation in Waterford. The website, which will be launched in May 2018, lets students of WIT search for accredited rooms, houses, apartments and digs in close proximity to our campuses. It has a host of benefits for students that include:
- Property Alerts where students who join WIT StudentPad can sign up to have alerts emailed directly to them whenever accommodation becomes available that matches what they are looking for.
- A ‘message-board’, where students may post information regarding the availability of accommodation etc. for viewing by other students.
- It is a free and easy service to use for students in their search of quality off campus accommodation.
WIT is dedicated to helping our students find quality accredited accommodation off campus as well as on campus. WIT StudentPad will play a vital role to this service.
The Accommodation Booking and Support Office
The Accommodation Booking and Support Office is a non-commercial housing advice centre for students, staff and visitors. We provide the information to allow you to make well informed choices. The advice and information supplied is for information purposes only and should not be construed as a recommendation.
For a student who does not live within commuting distance of the institute, finding suitable accommodation can be difficult.
- Will there be enough places?
- What will it cost?
- What standards can I expect?
Students have a number of accommodation choices off campus while studying at Waterford Institute of Technology.
- Staying with a family - otherwise known as digs - which is on a partial board basis. This includes bed, breakfast and evening meal.
- Staying in a flat or rented house, which involves catering for oneself.
- Privately owned student complexes.
The main accommodation office is located in City Campus and provides a comprehensive service as well as information and advice.
During registration, an accommodation information point will be set up to assist you with any queries you may have.
The office is open from 9.00am to 5pm Monday to Friday. These hours will be extended during busy periods. We can be contacted on +353 51 306100 or +353 87 290 4612 or you can email us at [email protected]
WIT Campus Accommodation offers this self-catering list in good faith and as a courtesy to both students and local landlords. It is a third party list and WIT Campus Accommodation bears no responsibility whatsoever for the content of the advertising material or any errors, omissions or inaccuracies contained therein. The information provided is for information purposes only and should not be construed as a representation, recommendation or endorsement made on behalf of WIT Campus Accommodation.
The website content does not form part of any contractual agreement with WIT Campus Accommodation and any lease or letting agreement entered into shall be between the student and the landlord only. Please be aware that the properties have not been inspected by WIT Campus Accommodation and does not carry out Garda vetting on prospective landlords.
It is the responsibility of each student and his/her parents to check the property and satisfy themselves that they are comfortable with the accommodation arrangements and the individuals involved before signing any agreement. WIT Campus Accommodation cannot take responsibility or become involved in any disputes or letting issues between tenants and landlords.