Checking In to Campus Accommodation - what you need to know?
We look forward to welcoming you to your new WIT Home! We offer you not only a high quality housing package, but a warm and friendly environment to live in whilst studying.
During the month prior to your arrival we will be sending you further information on what you will need for arrivals, however we would like to take this initial opportunity to detail a few key steps you will need to follow before arrival so please read the information on the links below thoroughly.
Please be advised that the official method of communication that WIT Campus Accommodation contacts students through is your application email. Therefore please ensure to check this account for important correspondence from us.
Your accommodation will be available for you to check in from the date your licence to reside commences or alternatively you can check in on the day you register in WIT.
In order to speed up the process when checking in you need to complete a number of tasks including:
Documentation – Please make sure to have your Contract, Terms & Conditions & Guarantor forms signed. This will be sent to you the week prior to you checking in.
Payment – Pay in full any the residential charges that are due on or before the first day of occupancy. Cheques, Postal Orders, Bank Drafts to be made payable to WIT DCS Accommodation. For security reasons please note Cash will not be accepted.
Inventory Check List
Once you have checked in you will be asked to review and submit an Inventory Check List to confirm content and the condition of the inventory provided in your apartment. We ask you to do this as there are deductions from your deposit if there are items missing or damaged once you leave. If you do not submit the check list the inventory record will be as per our record. Please make sure your name & room number are marked clearly on it and you have signed it at the bottom.
Checking Out of Campus Accommodation - what you need to know?
At the end of the licence period residents must check out of their room by 12 noon on the last day of their licence. Manor Village is open 24/7 for checkouts.
In order to ensure that we can check you out properly we would ask that you let us know in advance when you will be leaving by emailing your name, student number, the date and time of your departure, and your residence address to [email protected].
Residents need to ensure the following items are completed before departing:
- Leave your room and bathroom (if applicable) clean and hygienic condition. Don’t forget to include the floors, desk, mirror, wardrobe and wash hand basin.
- All rubbish (including duvet, pillow and food stuffs) should be brought to the appropriate recycling receptacle. Please leave the mattress protectors on your bed. No waste should be left inside the apartments or in the common areas of the building as it will be checked after you have departed and fines will result. Remember to use the skips provided and the recycling bins throughout the residence when you are emptying your apartment.
- Waste dumped in communal areas will result in fines.
- Please remember to empty and unplug your fridge and freezer.
Please take note that you will be deducted the following from your Deposit as outlined in your Terms & Conditions:
- Electricity bill – Your last electricity bill will not arrive until after you have vacated your apartment. Therefore this will be deducted from your Deposit as you will not be here to pay this bill.
- Damages, Fines or Overnight guests – If not paid during the year these will also be added.
- Laundry charge – Cost of €8 which covers the washing of curtains, mattress & pillow protectors etc.
- Cleaning charge – Cost of €50.
- Deposit return bank details – Can you please ensure that reception has a copy of your details for the return i.e. Name of account, IBAN & BIC. It is your responsibility to make sure these are in order & if they are not found to be there will be a delay in your Deposit return. Your Deposit minus the above deductions will be transferred back into your account the first week of July.
We have two serviced launderettes at WIT, one located at College Field Apartments and the other at Manor Village accommodation.
- Wash & Dry/Fold Service provided at both
- Payment is by visa or debit card only
- Price is determined by weight
Monday to Thursday 8am – 4pm
Friday 8am - 1.30pm
|051 - 353894|
Monday to Thursday 8am to 4pmFriday 8am to 2pm
|051 - 306100|