The Fees & Grants is located within the Finance office on the 1st floor of the Tourism & Leisure Building at the Main Cork Road Campus and Operates within the following hours only:
|Monday:||2.00 p.m. – 4.00 p.m.|
|Tuesday:||10.30 a.m. – 12.30 p.m.|
|Wednesday:||10.30 a.m. – 12.30 p.m.|
|Thursday:||2.00 p.m. – 4.00 p.m|
|Friday:||2.00 p.m. – 4.00 p.m.|
1. The student contribution charge is €3,000 for the academic year 2016/17 which may be paid in two instalments. Terms and conditions will apply and WIT reserves the right to withhold certain student facilities where T&Cs are breached.
See Student Life and Learning for more information.
Instalment 1 is due at time of registration in early September
Instalment 2 is due by 31/01/2017
3. Students pay fees online as part of the online process. WIT cannot accept cash payments. You will need a Laser/Credit Card to pay your fees online. A receipt will be issued to your specified email address. There is a daily limit on some payment cards, check with your bank prior to starting the Online Registration process to ensure you have a sufficient limit facility.
4. Please contact the Fees Office on Tel: 051 845692/302048/302088/302867 or email [email protected] , alternatively you can call to the Fees Office, Tourism & Leisure Building, Cork Road, Waterford.
5. First Time Grant Applicants: If you are an incoming student OR a continuing student you can make a grant application to the single grant authority SUSI (Student Universal Support Ireland). For further information about entitlement to a SUSI grant, rates of grants and grants means testing please see http://www.studentfinance.ie
6. No once you have been awarded your grant by SUSI a file will be sent to the grants officer in WIT to be verified, the file is then returned to SUSI. WIT will then issue an invoice to SUSI for student fees to be paid directly to WIT, once payment is received by WIT student accounts will then be updated to state a student is a fully registered student.
7. Yes you will be allowed to register without paying fee once you can provide proof on registration day that you have applied to SUSI for a grant. E.g. Email /letter proof of submitting your grant application to SUSI. The €15 WITCARD fee must be paid prior to registration day.
8. Students applying to SUSI will be paid their maintenance on a monthly basis (nine instalments) by electronic funds transfer from SUSI straight into your nominated bank account. The Student Contribution /tuition element of the fee grant will be paid directly to WIT on your behalf.
9. Any refund due to you will be repaid once WIT has received payment in full from SUSI or any other relevant authority. In order for your refund to be processed you must complete a bank mandate form and submit it to the Grants office at WIT. You can print this form from here.
10. EU Member State/ the EEA/ Swiss Residents. If you have been living in another EU Member State the EEA OR Switzerland for at least 3 of the last 5 years immediately before the date on which a year of study commences, you may be eligible for a grant for Student Contribution fees only. If you do not qualify at the beginning of your course, it is possible for you to meet this requirement during the course of your studies; reviewed at the beginning of an academic year. You will be required to provide photocopies of supporting documents such as income tax returns/ domestic bills showing your residency in that country. Please see http://www.studentfinance.ie for further information.
11. In order to qualify for a grant a student must be legally resident in Ireland for at least 3 of the 5 years up to the day before your approved course commences in an approved college. If you do not qualify at the beginning of your course, it is possible for you to meet this requirement during the course of your studies; reviewed at the beginning of an academic year. Please see http://www.studentfinance.ie for further information.
12. The relevant office to contact with queries on your status as an EU or NON-EU student are: Undergraduate Students – please contact the Fees Office on Tel: 051 845692/ 302048 or email: [email protected]
13. You will need to get your previous college to complete a Student Fee declaration form. You can print this Form from here.
14. Yes a fee of €200 per 5 credit module will be introduced for the 2016/2017 academic year. A Repeat Learner category will be introduced which will enable you to access the same Institute facilities as students completing the full academic year. Please click here for further information.
15. Yes you will be allowed to sit your examinations however where a student continues to have an outstanding debt(e.g. student contribution , tuition fee etc.) their registration record will have a ‘hold’ placed on it the which will cause the following restrictions to apply:
Access to transcripts, statement of results, registration letters etc. will be withheld.
Continuing students will not be permitted to register for subsequent academic years.
Students will not be permitted to graduate until outstanding debt (including fines, where applicable) has been cleared in full.
Students will not receive information about conferring, or be conferred until their fees are paid in full.
17. The Fees & Grants Office is located on the 1st floor of the Tourism & Leisure Building, on the Main Campus of WIT. Postal Address Fees Office, Tourism & Leisure Building, Waterford Institute of Technology, Cork Road, Waterford.