Registration for 2016/2017 is now Open
1. 2015/2016 WIT undergraduate students who have passed the current stage of their programme of study or are Allowed to Progress
2. Internal Advanced Entry
3. Non CAO Deferrals
4. Continuing Research Postgraduates
5. Continuing Taught Postgraduates
6. Repeat Learners
Registration for New Entrant Students 2016/2017 is now Open
Click Here for a useful guide on How to Register as a Full-time New Entrant Undergraduate Students (including External Advanced Entry).
Click here for information on the Medical Services.
If you were not in a position to attend your Registration day on the 5th/6th September, you must complete your online registration in full. If you encounter difficulty uploading your WITCard photograph there will be a facility provided in the WITCard Office. Once your online registration is complete, please then call to the WITCard Office on main campus to collect your WITCard. Click here for your induction timetable. Click here for your class timetable.
1.You, the student are responsible for familiarizing yourself with the Regulations Governing Written Examinations as documented in the Waterford Institute of Technology Academic Regulations for Undergraduate and Taught Postgraduate Programmes available here.
2. You, the student, are responsible for ensuring that your registration is complete and correct. It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that they are registered for repeat modules and aware of the examination timetable. Please check the Examination Timetables and Venues section of the website and / or department offices prior to the examination sessions for timetable and examination locations.If you intend on registering at the Institute for the 2016/2017 academic year, it is essential that you register before Monday, 10th October 2016 in order to be included for Exams Timetabling.
3.Your Moodle access will take upto 3 hours to reflect your changed Regsitration status.
4. All students are allocated a unique student email account. It is the institute policy that all official email is sent to this account. It is essential that you check this email account on a regular basis. Your student email account is your [email protected] (ie [email protected]) and is accessed using the original password you received. To change this password, please call to Computer Services ([email protected]) in the Walton building.
5.Your WITCard photograph will be used for identification purposes and for academic and administration activities of the Institute.
6. Where visa restrictions apply, it is the student’s responsibility to ensure they meet all the requirements.
7. Examinations failed in semester 1 of the 2015/2016 academic year will be repeated in December 2016 and examinations failed in semester 2 of 2015/2016 academic year will be repeated in May 2017.
8. Frequently asked questions regarding the Repeat Learner category are available here.
Waterford Institute of Technology respects your right to privacy and processes data in compliance with the 1988 & 2003 Data Protection Acts. The information gathered will be used for Admissions, Registration and Examinations processes during your time with us in WIT. It will not be disclosed to any third party except where we have your permission or we are required to do so by law.
Personal data will be shared with the HEA, the Department of Social Protection, Student Universal Support Ireland – SUSI (where relevant) and the Revenue Commissioners for the purpose of enabling them to execute their services.
Click here to see the HEA Student Data Collection Notice 2016