Online registration for Continuing Students will open on 17th August.
Online registration for all New Entrants will open on 31st August.
Registration and Induction for New Entrants will take place on the 6th, 7th and 8th of September 2017. All New Entrants will be advised of their allocated day(s) in their registration instructions which will be issued by email on 30th August 2017.
Please see below a list of usefull links to support you in your registration at Waterford Institute of Technology:
Click here for a useful guide on how to register as a full-time continuing undergraduate student.
Click here for a useful guide on how to register as a full-time new entrant undergraduate student (including External Advanced Entry).
Click here for information on the Medical Services.
1.You, the student are responsible for familiarizing yourself with the Regulations Governing Written Examinations as documented in the Waterford Institute of Technology Academic Regulations for Undergraduate and Taught Postgraduate Programmes available here.
2. You, the student, are responsible for ensuring that your registration is complete and correct. It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that they are registered for repeat modules and aware of the examination timetable. Please check the Examination Timetables and Venues section of the website and / or department offices prior to the examination sessions for timetable and examination locations.If you intend on registering at the Institute for the 2017/2018 academic year, it is essential that you register before Monday, 9th October 2017 in order to be included for Exams Timetabling. You must be a registered student in order to engage with Institute facilities.
3. A student may apply to have their name, gender, date of birth or nationality changed by completing the CD1 Change Personal Details Application Form. This form must be returned in person to the Student Services Reception, Main Campus with the originals of the student's supporting documentation for verification in addition to copies, which will be retained by Student Services Reception.
4.Your Moodle access will take upto 3 hours to reflect your changed Regsitration status.
5. All students are allocated a unique student email account. It is the institute policy that all official email is sent to this account. It is essential that you check this email account on a regular basis. Your student email account is your [email protected] (ie [email protected]) and is accessed using the original password you received. To change this password, please call to Computer Services ([email protected]) in the Walton building.
6.Your WITCard photograph will be used for identification purposes and for academic and administration activities of the Institute.
7. Where visa restrictions apply, it is the student’s responsibility to ensure they meet all the requirements.
8. Examinations failed in semester 1 of the 2016/2017 academic year will be repeated in December 2017 and examinations failed in semester 2 of 2016/2017 academic year will be repeated in May 2018.
9. Frequently asked questions regarding the Repeat Learner category are available here.
Waterford Institute of Technology respects your right to privacy and processes data in compliance with the 1988 & 2003 Data Protection Acts. The information gathered will be used for Admissions, Registration and Examinations processes during your time with us in WIT. It will not be disclosed to any third party except where we have your permission or we are required to do so by law.
Personal data will be shared with the HEA, the Department of Social Protection, Student Universal Support Ireland – SUSI (where relevant) and the Revenue Commissioners for the purpose of enabling them to execute their services.
Click here to see the HEA Student Data Collection Notice 2016