Targeted after school programme with local primary schools in Waterford City. Ran in conjunction with Waterford School Completion Programme (WSCP) and SCP Na Suire.
4th, 5th and 6th class pupils attend WIT campus from 3pm-5pm, Monday-Thursday for homework club, refreshments in the canteen and complete an organised activity/ workshop in Nursing, Sports, Robotics, Engineering, Health Promotion & CPR, computers, Art, etc.
In addition, WIT
- 6th Class attend 10-week programme (Sept-Dec); 5th Class attend for 8 weeks (Jan-Mar); 4th Class attend for 4 weeks (April-May)
- WSCP collect pupils from school and arrive on campus at 2.45pm-3.00pm on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
- They are met by WIT Buddy volunteers (further details on this programme detailed below).
- Students have food in the campus canteen and then complete homework in a classroom.
- Then from 4pm-5pm they complete an organised activity/ workshop in Nursing, Sports, Robotics, Engineering, Health Promotion & CPR, computers, Art, etc.
- These workshops where possible are facilitated by WIT staff and student ambassadors
- The 6th class group attend a graduation in WIT in December to acknowledge their 3 years’ involvement in the programme