UVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP https://www.uversity.org/
THE UVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP FOR ADULT LEARNERS IS OPENING ON THE 1ST OF FEBRUARY 2022 AND WILL CLOSE ON THE 25TH OF MARCH 2022
Uversity is a Registered Charity that grants Higher Education Scholarships to Adult Learners to unlock their potential and realise their academic, personal and professional ambitions.
Uversity’s Scholarships remove the financial barriers that may be preventing older students, aged 23 and over, from earning a Bachelor’s Degree for the first time.
What distinguishes Uversity Scholars is their commitment to being transformed and transforming others as a result of the Scholarship and educational experience.
What are the Scholarships?
Uversity’s Scholarships comprise multi-annual financial support and programming for successful candidates to pursue a Bachelor’s degree. Scholarships can be in any discipline and used to enrol in selected institutions on the island of Ireland.
Preference is given to candidates enrolling on full-time programmes.
Part-time programmes will be considered on a case by case basis.
Uversity understands that there are many costs associated with pursuing a degree. There are two levels of financial support available, €5000 or €7000 per annum for the duration of the chosen degree i.e. 3 or 4 years. Payments are made monthly over the course of the degree programme and are subject to continued academic registration and progression.
Are you eligible?
To be eligible applicants must:
Be at least 23 years by 1st January in the year of enrolment
Be a citizen of an EU/EEA member state, Switzerland or the UK* or have permanent leave to remain in the Irish State. See here for further information
Be resident on the island of Ireland for 3 out of the last 5 years
Be applying, have applied or have been admitted to a Bachelor’s Degree in one of Uversity’s participating institutions for the relevant academic year
Be in receipt of income support and/or be eligible for financial support under SUSI or UCAS guidlines.
* Please note that Uversity’s policy on the eligibility of UK citizens to apply for a scholarship after January 1st 2021 is intended to remain in line with the policy of the Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science (DFHERIS) and Student Universal Support Ireland (SUSI). We reserve the right to alter our eligibility requirements in line with any changes made by these institutions, or any policy changes as a result of Brexit.
Non-EEA citizens resident on the island of Ireland must have received permanent leave to remain by the closing date for applications. See here for further information.
Applicants can be currently enrolled on or have recently completed a course that prepares them for higher education.
Applicants who have already received or are currently enrolled on a Bachelor’s Degree ARE NOT ELIGIBLE.
Applicants DO NOT need to have an offer at time of application but if selected for a scholarship must receive an offer on a Bachelor’s Degree in one of Uversity’s participating institutions to receive a scholarship. Candidates can have a deferred offer for admission to the 2022/23 academic year.
Preference is given to candidates enrolling on full-time programmes in any subject that can normally be completed in a maximum of four years. Other programmes will be considered on a case by case basis.
What are the Stages of Uversity's Selection Process?
Stage 1: 1st February to the 25th March 2022
- directly to the programme(s) / institution(s) they would like to attend
- for other funding sources such as SUSI, Back to Education Allowance, Student Finance Northern Ireland
- to Uversity via its online application system with the following information: (i) biographical and contact details (ii) education to date and the programme and institution(s) you are applying to or have been admitted to if you have a deferred offer (iii) any employment/volunteering (if applicable) to date (iv) statement (maximum 500 words) detailing your Motivation, Preparation, Ambition for your intended programme and the Justification for awarding you a scholarshipm (v) names and contact details of two referees
Stage 2: April to June 2022
All applications are reviewed by qualified review panels according to eligilbility guidelines and a shortlist of cnadidates for interview is created.
- interview shortlisted candidates to determine their: (i) academic potential (ii) motivation and ambition for returning to education (iii) drive to succeed and work ethic (iv) ability to be transformed and help transform the lives of others as a result of the scholarship and educational experience
Stage 3: July to September 2022
- makes scholarship offers to successful candidates subject to:(i) conformation of eligibility for SUSI funding or UCAS grant (ii) candidate’s confirming admission to a Bachelor’s Degree Programme (iii) acceptance of Uversity’s terms and conditions
- begin Scholarship programming and payments
FOR ALL THE MOST UP TO DATE INFORMATION, THE LINK TO THE APPLICATION FORM AND THE CONTACT DETAILS FOR ALL QUERIES IN RELATION TO THE UVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP PLEASE LOG ONTO https://www.uversity.org/