If you have not attained sufficient points for the course you wish to apply for, it may be possible to be awarded additional points for successful completion of at least one semester of a first year programme at the Institute.
To be considered eligible applicants must:
- Be a current, full-time registered student in the first year of a SETU Waterford programme and reapplying to the CAO for the first year of a different programme for the following academic year.
- Successfully complete at least one semester of a programme at SETU Waterford (semester 1 or 2).
- Meet the Leaving Certificate eligibility criteria for the programme(s) for which you are reapplying.
- Apply to the CAO by May 1st.
- Select no. 7 Third-Level Higher Education in the “Qualifications and Assessment Summary” on the CAO application form.
- Submit an application form AP1 directly to the Admissions, Registration and Exams Helpdesk at South East Technological University not later than 17 June 2022, at 4.00 p.m.
- Enhancement Points (Bonus Points) are awarded as follows:
- Successful completion of one semester 30 points
- Successful completion of two semester’s 60 points
- Up to a maximum of 60 points
NOTE: Subject to successful completion of one semester only, you may be eligible for an additional 5 points per module passed.
AP1 forms are available here:
Please provide an official copy of your SETU Waterford examination results with your application form.
Completed application (Part B) must be returned to Admissions, Registration and Exams Helpdesk, Cork Road Campus by 17 June 2022, at 4.00 p.m.
Please retain the stamped acknowledgement as evidence of application.
- Paper based applications (After May 1st) to the CAO are not eligible for the Additional Points process
- Applicants who do not include a current valid CAO number for the 2022/23 academic year on the AP1 form are not eligible for the Additional Points process.
- Please note that additional points may not apply to all programmes, for further clarification please contact the Admissions Office [email protected].