ABOUT THE UVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP https://www.uversity.org/
Uversity is a Registered Charity that grants Higher Education Scholarships to Adult Learners to unlock their potential and realise their academic, personal and professional ambitions.
Uversity’s Scholarships remove the financial barriers that may be preventing older students, aged 23 and over, from earning a Bachelor’s Degree for the first time.
What distinguishes Uversity Scholars is their commitment to being transformed and transforming others as a result of the Scholarship and educational experience.
What are the Scholarships?
Uversity’s Scholarships comprise multi-annual financial support and programming for successful candidates to pursue a Bachelor’s degree. Scholarships can be in any discipline and used to enrol in selected institutions on the island of Ireland.
Preference is given to candidates enrolling on full-time programmes.
Part-time programmes will be considered on a case by case basis.
Uversity understands that there are many costs associated with pursuing a degree. Therefore, the value of the scholarships depends on the successful recipients’ circumstances and need. Payments are made monthly over the course of the degree programme and are subject to continued academic registration and progress.
Are you eligible?
Uversity’s Scholarships support adult learners, to enrol on and complete a Bachelor’s degree that will help transform their lives and the lives of those around them.
To be eligible applicants must:
be at least 23 years by 1st January 2021
be a citizen of an EEA member state or Switzerland AND resident on the island of Ireland by time of enrollment on a Bachelor’s Degree
be applying, have applied or have been admitted to a Bachelor’s Degree in one of Uversity’s participating institutions for the 2021/22 academic year.
non-EEA citizens resident on the island of Ireland must have received permanent leave to remain by the closing date for applications. See here for further information.
applicants can be currently enrolled on or have recently completed a course that prepares them for higher education. Applicants who have already received or are currently enrolled on a Bachelor’s Degree ARE NOT ELIGIBLE.
applicants DO NOT need to have an offer at time of application but if selected for a scholarship must receive an offer on a Bachelor’s Degree in one of Uversity’s participating institutions to receive a scholarship. Candidates can have a deferred offer for admission to the 2021/22 academic year.
preference is given to candidates enrolling on full-time programmes in any subject that can normally be completed in a maximum of four years. Other programmes will be considered on a case by case basis.
What are the Stages of Uversity's Selection Process?
Stage 1: 4th January to the 30th April 2021
- directly to the programme(s) / institution(s) they would like to attend
- for other funding sources such as SUSI, Back to Education Allowance, Student Finance Northern Ireland
- to Uversity via its online application system with the following information: (i) biographical and contact details (ii) education to date and the programme and institution(s) you are applying to or have been admitted to if you have a deferred offer (iii) any employment/volunteering (if applicable) to date (iv) statement (maximum 500 words) detailing your Motivation, Preparation, Ambition for your intended programme and the Justification for awarding you a scholarshipm (v) names and contact details of two referees
Stage 2: May to June 2021
- interview shortlisted candidates to determine their: (i) academic potential (ii) motivation and ambition for returning to education (iii) drive to succeed and work ethic (iv) ability to be transformed and help transform the lives of others as a result of the scholarship and educational experience
Stage 3: July to September 2021
- makes scholarship offers to successful candidates subject to:(i) a financial assessment (ii) candidate’s confirming admission to a Bachelor’s Programme (iii) acceptance of Uversity’s terms and conditions
- begin Scholarship programming and payments
FOR ALL THE MOST UP TO DATE INFORMATION, THE LINK TO THE APPLICATION FORM
AND THE CONTACT DETAILS FOR ALL QUERIES IN RELATION TO THE UVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP
PLEASE LOG ONTO https://www.uversity.org/