Now Accepting Applications for the Laptop Loan Scheme 2021/22
Please Note- devices will not be allocated to students until college registration has been completed at a date yet to be confirmed.
The government announced an ICT devices scheme to support disadvantaged students in the higher education sector in relation to accessing ICT devices in the 2020-2021 academic year. This scheme is contiuning this year; 2021-2022.
SETU, through the COVID supports grant scheme, will have a limited number of laptop units available to loan to eligible students whether they are on campus or studying from home. It is important to be aware that there may be more applicants than devices and there is no guarantee that you will be successful, even if you meet the criteria.
Please note the following HEA criteria for eligibility for the scheme;
- There may be more applicants than devices and there is no guarantee that you will be successful, even if you meet the criteria.
- The devices will remain the property of SETU Waterford and will be distributed to eligible students by means of an appropriate lending/rental scheme.
- The scheme covers both incoming first year students and returning students.
- A loan agreement including the terms and conditions will apply.
- Devices can be retrieved from students if they pause or discontinue their studies.
This scheme is open to all students who for financial reasons are not in a position to purchase a laptop of their own – You will be required to upload supporting documentation to demonstrate that you and or your parents/guardians are not in a financial position to purchase a laptop.
For more information please contact [email protected]