Our Try Law event is for Transition Year (TY), 5th, 6th and mature students who are considering studying law at college. The event is designed to get students thinking about law and encouraging them to develop an opinion on the legal matters covered.
During the Try Law day, participants will:
- gain an insight into the study of law through interactive law lectures, a case study and group work.
- receive their own copy of the Irish Constitution and will examine constitutional rights and be introduced to other relevant constitutional matters.
- learn about statute law and explore the Irish statute book online.
- discuss a real life criminal law case study and learn about the criminal justice system in Ireland.
- look at career options following a law degree at college
Law courses at SETU Waterford
SETU offers an honours degree in law and you will find more information on the courses webpage: