WIT is a subscriber to the Research Professional funding opportunity database. A research funding database catalogues funding opportunities from a large range of funding agencies and provides a powerful search interface, enabling Researchers to quickly and effectively discover calls for proposals in their chosen area. Research Professional has an extensive range of features, is very easy to use, and maintains a wide-ranging database of funding opportunities, covering all UK and Irish funding agencies in addition to a range of EU and global agencies too. This service is maintained for the research community of the Institute.
The Institute will be running training sessions for users of this system, delivered by a trainer from Research Professional, and encourages all those interested to partake. There will be two sessions run: the first for new users of the system and the second for existing users who feel they would benefit from a refresher course on the features of the service. If you want to avail of the training, please register your details via the form below and indicate the session that you wish to attend. Sessions will each be one hour long and will be delivered via Microsoft Teams. Registered participants will be added to a shared event in advance of the training session so that they can join in.
An outline agenda for the training is shown below.
- Who are we? What is *RP?
- Overview of session structure
How do we access *RP?
- Guest access and self-registration ➢ Account access and single sign-on
Funding opportunities database
- Navigating simple search – free text, discipline, funder etc. ➢ Overview of funding opportunity profile
- Navigating advanced search options
- Interacting with searches – Save or Save & Alert
- Advanced configurations for email alerts – Email Alerts
- Interacting with content – Bookmark, Email, or Download
Miscellaneous functionalities – News, Funding Insight, Awards and Conferences
- Browse news content along geographical and topical lines
- Browse funding insight content along with disciplinary hubs
- Navigating awards database
- Find conferences and similar events organised by topic
- Start page – key info and contacts
- Viewing shared funding or news content
Help Section/CKC and Q&A