Frequently Asked Questions
Online applications are now open.
When you apply to WIT online, instructions about the submission of any additional documentation will appear on screen. When submitting supporting documents to our Advanced Entry team please email [email protected] ensuring to include your application number in the subject line of all email correspondence.
Please pay particular attention to the following:
1. Certificates/transcripts should be supplied in their original language and should show dates, subjects and results.
2. They should be in the format of scanned originals, or alternatively scanned A4 photocopies - certified typically by a school stamp, a HEI Admissions Office Stamp, or by a notary.
3. A certified English language translation is required in the case of qualifications not issued originally in English or Irish. This requirement is in addition to the submission of documents outline in item 2 above.
4. If documentation is in a different name, a certified copy of the applicant's official name change documentation must also be provided.
5. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that all scanned documents are clear, legible and complete before submitting them.
NB Documents that do not meet the above requirements will not be accepted and may result in your application being considered incomplete and/or not eligible for offer.
Yes you can apply before you receive your end of year results. Once you receive your end of year results you must email a certified copy to [email protected] . It is extremely important that you include your Application Reference Number on all documentation submitted and in addition on the subject line of any email correspondences.
It is normal to have students waiting on practice placement results. It is not possible to determine if an applicant is eligible for an offer until the official result is submitted. Offers will be issued on an ongoing basis into September as results are submitted. Applicants must ensure to submit results once they have been issued.
Ordinarily only those applicants who apply for the following programmes must attend for interview: Architecture, Agriculture, Forestry and Horticulture.
Ordinarily only those applicants who apply for the following programmes may be requested to present a portfolio: Architecture and Art and Visual Communications.
- EXTERNAL applicants with all required documentation submitted on or before the end of June who have been successful will be issued with an offer from the end of June onwards. The offer will be issued via email.
- INTERNAL applications will be notified via their student e-mail address in early July.
Please be aware that some courses require a Merit or higher to gain entry to the follow-on-course, it is important that you familiarise yourself with the entry requirements of the programme you are applying for.
No decision will be made on your application until you have successfully completed your examinations. The issue of an offer will be dependent on meeting the entry requirements and subject to the number of available places on the programme.
- INTERNAL applicants may attend class while awaiting their examination results however if unsuccessful, must leave class immediately.
- EXTERNAL applicants must wait until an offer has been issued by the Institute and accepted by the applicant. An offer can only be issued subsequent to the applicant submitting their results from their current HEI.
If you have made an error in your application please email [email protected] (using your WIT Student email account if you are a current student). Please ensure to provide your application reference number and details of the change you are requesting. Your change request will be reviewed and should we be in a position to amend your application, Advanced Entry Admissions will apply the amendment prior to the processing of your application.
WIT recognise that standard tests are not readily available and for 2020 and 2021 ONLY (in response to Covid-19) the Duolingo English Language Test and the IELTS indicator will be considered. Click here to see detailed requirements.
If you are an applicant living outside of Ireland, registration as a student of the Institute for the upcoming academic year 2021/2022 will be determined based on travel advice available see www.hse.ie
Please note that you may not be permitted to commence your studies at WIT for 2021/2022 academic year
Please visit our International Office webpages for more FAQs
There are many supports available to students with disabilities in WIT. To avail of supports, students are invited to register with the Disability Office and participate in a needs assessment. To apply for supports from the Disability Office please email [email protected] Click here for further information
Applicants may only submit one advanced entry application for an academic year. Further applications made will automatically be deleted.