WIT Further Education Progression Scheme Criteria 2017-18 Entry to Year 1
- WIT will only consider applications for admission under the WIT Further Education Progression Scheme from learners from partner Further Education Colleges.
- Candidates wishing to apply under the scheme must be registered students at one of the partner Further Education Colleges at the time of application.
- Candidates must have completed a full QQI FET award (level 5 or 6) at a partner Further Education College to be considered for admission under the scheme. Candidates who have completed awards other than QQI FET awards, or who have component awards, are not eligible.
- Candidates wishing to apply under the WIT Further Education Progression Scheme must apply to the CAO for a WIT programme which is listed in Programmes Included in the WIT Further Education Progression Scheme. The CAO deadline for applications is 1 February on the year of entry. The CAO also have a late deadline of 1 May on the year of entry for non-restricted courses.
- The WIT programme(s) applied for must be linked to the candidate’s QQI FET Award in Programmes Included in the WIT Further Education Progression Scheme for the candidate to be considered for admission under the scheme.
- In the event that a programme listed in Programmes Included in the WIT Further Education Progression Scheme is withdrawn from the WIT portfolio, or does not run in a given academic year, offers for the programme will not be made under the WIT Further Education Progression Scheme.
- Applicants must inform the relevant co-ordinator or course leader in their Further Education College that they wish to apply for the WIT Further Education Progression Scheme and complete whatever local application processes that are in place. The partner Further Education College will then notify WIT of the applicants for the progression scheme. The closing date for receipt of applications from partner Further Education Colleges is 23 March 2018, with an update facility available until 31 May 2018.
- Candidates must complete any additional requirements and achieve any specified results, as listed in - Programmes Included in the WIT Further Education Progression Scheme for their chosen programme.
- By applying for the WIT Further Education Progression Scheme applicants agree to their Further Education College supplying student QQI FET results to WIT. Further Education Colleges must supply the QQI FET results for candidates to WIT by 30 June 2018.
- WIT will make admission offers to designated WIT programmes to candidates from Partner Further Education College who satisfy the criteria set out in - Programmes Included in the WIT Further Education Progression Scheme. Candidates will be made offers through the CAO, at Round 0. In instances where there is a limited number of reserved places specified on a WIT programme under the WIT Further Education Progression Scheme for a partner Further Education College/ETB, these will be allocated to eligible applicants on a descending rank order. Should any applicant who is offered a place not accept the offer, subsequent offers will not be made.
- Failure to meet any of the criteria of the scheme will exclude student(s) from being offered a place at WIT under the scheme.
- The WIT Progression Scheme is an additional route into Higher Education for students of partner Colleges of Further Education. The route is in addition to applicants being assessed as regular CAO applicants on the basis of Leaving Certificate or FET QQI points, or as a CAO mature applicants (if over 23 on 1January on the year of entry), if relevant.
Click here to visit CAO's Website.