WIT International Student Scholarships
We are pleased to offer International student scholarships in all disciplines at WIT for undergraduate and postgraduate students commencing their studies in September 2017.
Diversity of students in terms of country of origin is one of the pillars on which international education in any institution is founded. In order to encourage high calibre applicants to study at our Institute, we offer a number of scholarships to Non-EU citizens on an annual basis.
Please note that applications for scholarships can only be accepted from candidates in receipt of a full or conditional letter of offer from WIT.
Scholarships for Non-EU applicants
♦ Undergraduate and Higher Diploma students
• The International Student Scholarship will provide for a 25% reduction in tuition fees for each year of an undergraduate or a Higher Diploma programme. (NB only for entry into year 1 of Level 7 or Level 8 Bachelor or Higher Diploma programmes).
• Award in subsequent years of study is subject to the achievement of 60% overall average mark.
• These scholarships are open to all self-funding Non-EU students for full-time programmes only. Exchange and Study Abroad applicants are not eligible.
• Applicants must have attained excellent grades in their final high school examinations.
• Minimum IELTS score of 6.0 or equivalent (with a minimum of 6.0 in each band).
♦ Postgraduate students
• The International Student Scholarship will provide for a reduction of €3,150 for all taught Masters programmes
• The scholarships are open to all self-funding Non-EU students.
• Minimum IELTS score of 6.5 or equivalent (with a minimum of 6.0 in each band).
• These scholarship are only available to first-time entrants to WIT (WIT graduates are not eligible to apply).
How to apply
Applications must be made on the prescribed forms (please see below) and submitted to the International office on or before 15th May 2017
Successful applicants will be notified by the end of May 2017.
For further information please contact Ms Fiona Purcell, International Admissions, WIT, [email protected]
China - 2017 Claddagh Scholarship Programme
Waterford Institute of Technology is delighted to offer 10 scholarships for Chinese applicants through the Claddagh Scholarship Programme. These scholarships are available to undergraduate and postgraduate applicants.
The Claddagh Scholarship for applicants to undergraduate programmes of study at WIT will provide for a reduction of 25% in tuition fees for each year of an undergraduate or a Higher Diploma programme.
The Claddagh Scholarship for applicants to postgraduate programmes of study at WIT will provide for a reduction up to €3,150 for all taught Masters programmes
To apply for a Claddagh Scholarship applicants must meet the following criteria:
Applicants must be citizens of and resident in China and must have applied to WIT and accepted an offer of a place to study on a full time academic programme starting in September 2017. Applicants must be self-funding.
Applicants for postgraduate programmes of study at WIT must have completed a Bachelors degree by June 2017 at a recognised University in China, and applicants must have received (or must be expected to achieve) a minimum average result of 70% in their Bachelors degree.
Applicants for undergraduate programmes of study at WIT must have matriculated from High School, and must meet the entry requirements for study at WIT.
For all programmes, applicants must have completed an English language proficiency test within the past two years and have achieved the WIT English language requirements for their chosen programme.
How to Apply
Applications must be made by the completing the attached application form and submitted to Ms Hellen Kang [email protected] on or before 30th June 2017. Successful applicants will be notified by mid-July 2017.
For further information please contact Ms Hellen Kang, China Manager, [email protected]
Scholarships are also available from national agencies where WIT has been approved as a study destination under a number of different international scholarship programmes. Some examples include:
In association with Irish Aid, WIT is pleased to offer 2 scholarships for Vietnamese applicants for the following programmes:
- MSc in Computing (Information System Process)
- MSc in Global Financial Information Systems (with internship – 9 months in class followed by 3 months of industrial placement)
- MEng in Electronic Engineering
- MSc in Innovative Technology Engineering
The scholarship will entitle the recipient to reduced tuition fees, at the EU fee rate, in line with Irish Aid policy.
Applicants most hold an Honours Bachelors degree or equivalent and must meet all Institute entry requirements including proficiency in English.
For furhter information please see http://www.irishaidfellowships.ie
Brazil - Science without Borders - Doctoral research programme
Check research options at WIT
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia - King Abdullah Scholarship Programme
Students are approved to study undergraduate and postgraduate programmes across a wide range of disciplines, subject to approval from the Ministry of Higher Education in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
For further details see http://www.mohe.gov.sa