WIT International Student Scholarships
We are pleased to offer International student scholarships in all disciplines at WIT for undergraduate and postgraduate students commencing their studies in September 2017.
Diversity of students in terms of country of origin is one of the pillars on which international education in any institution is founded. In order to encourage high calibre applicants to study at our Institute, we offer a number of scholarships to Non-EU citizens on an annual basis.
Please note that applications for scholarships can only be accepted from candidates in receipt of a full or conditional letter of offer from WIT.
WIT Scholarships for Non-EU applicants
Undergraduate and Higher Diploma students
- The International Student Scholarship will provide for a 25% reduction in tuition fees for each year of an undergraduate or a Higher Diploma programme.
- Award in subsequent years of study is subject to the achievement of 60% overall average mark.
- These scholarships are open to all self-funding Non-EU students for full-time programmes only who are applying for first year or advanced entry* admission. Exchange and Study Abroad applicants are not eligible.
- These scholarships are open to all self-funding Non-EU students applying for full-time programmes only.
- Applicants must have attained excellent grades in their final high school examinations.
- Minimum IELTS score of 6.0 or equivalent (with a minimum of 6.0 in each band).
*Advanced entry applications for the final year of a programme are not eligible to apply.
- The International Student Scholarship will provide for a reduction of €3,150 for all taught Masters programmes.
- The scholarships are open to all self-funding Non-EU students.
- Minimum IELTS score of 6.5 or equivalent (with a minimum of 6.0 in each band).
- These scholarship are only available to first-time entrants to WIT (WIT graduates are not eligible to apply).
How to apply
- Applications must be made on the prescribed forms (please see below) and submitted to the International office on or before 15th May 2017.
- Successful applicants will be notified by the end of May 2017.
For further information please contact Ms Fiona Purcell, International Admissions, WIT, [email protected]
China - 2017 Claddagh Scholarship Programme
Waterford Institute of Technology is delighted to offer 10 scholarships for Chinese applicants through the Claddagh Scholarship Programme. These scholarships are available to undergraduate and postgraduate applicants.
Undergraduate - applications for undergraduate programmes of study at WIT will provide for a reduction of 25% in tuition fees for each year of an undergraduate or a Higher Diploma Programme.
Postgraduate - applications for postgraduate programmes of study at WIT will provide for a reduction up to €3,150 for all taught Masters programmes.
To apply for a Claddagh Scholarship applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be citizens of and resident in China and must have applied to WIT and accepted an offer of a place to study on a full time academic programme starting in September 2017.
- Be in a position to self-fund.
- Applicants for postgraduate programmes of study at WIT must have completed a Bachelors degree by June 2017 at a recognised University in China, and applicants must have received (or must be expected to achieve) a minimum average result of 70% in their Bachelors degree.
- Applicants for undergraduate programmes of study at WIT must have matriculated from High School, and must meet the entry requirements for study at WIT.
- For all programmes, applicants must have completed an English language proficiency test within the past two years and have achieved the WIT English language requirements for their chosen programme.
How to Apply
Applications must be made by the completing the attached application form and submitted to Ms Hellen Kang [email protected] on or before 30th June 2017.
Successful applicants will be notified by mid-July 2017.
For further information please contact Ms Hellen Kang, China Manager, [email protected]
Scholarships are also available from national agencies where WIT has been approved as a study destination under a number of different international scholarship programmes. In association with Irish Aid, WIT is pleased to offer 2 scholarships for Vietnamese applicants for the following programmes:
- MSc in Computing (Information System Process)
- MSc in Global Financial Information Systems (with internship – 9 months in class followed by 3 months of industrial placement)
- MEng in Electronic Engineering
- MSc in Innovative Technology Engineering
This scholarship entitles the recipient to reduced tuition fees, at the EU fee rate, in line with Irish Aid policy.
Applicants most hold an Honours Bachelors degree or equivalent and must meet all Institute entry requirements including proficiency in English.
For further information please go to the Irish Aid website: http://www.irishaidfellowships.ie
Brazil - Science without Borders - Doctoral Research Programme
Science without Borders is a large scale scholarship program primarily funded by the Brazilian federal government. The program seeks to strengthen and expand the initiatives of science and technology, innovation and competitiveness through international mobility of undergraduate and graduate students and researchers.
The program is a joint effort of the Ministry of Education (MEC) and the Ministry of Science and Technology (MCT) through their respective funding agencies - CAPES and CNPq.
For further information please go to the following WIT webpage: https://www.wit.ie/research/for_postgrads/science_without_borders_pg
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia - King Abdullah Scholarship Programme
The King Abdullah Scholarship Program (KASP) has helped make Saudi Arabia one of the largest sources of international students.
Students are approved to study undergraduate and postgraduate programmes across a wide range of disciplines, subject to approval from the Ministry of Higher Education in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
For further information please go to the website http://www.mohe.gov.sa
2017 Wicket Scholarship Programme
Waterford Institute of Technology is delighted to offer a number of scholarships to high achieving Indian students who enter the School of Engineering, School of Business, School of Science and the School of Humanities through the Wicket Scholarship Programme. These scholarships are available to Indian postgraduate applicants only and are based on academic merit. Scholarships will only be awarded to those who are in receipt of a Full Offer of a place from WIT.
The Scholarships provide for the Irish / EU tuition fee.
To apply for a Wicket Scholarship applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be citizens of and resident in India and must have applied to WIT and accepted an offer of a place to study on a full time academic programme starting in September 2017.
- Must be self-funding.
- For postgraduate programmes*of study at WIT, applicants must have completed a Bachelor’s degree by June 2017 at a recognised University in India, and applicants must have received (or must be expected to achieve) a minimum average result of 70% in their Bachelor’s degree.
- For all programmes, applicants must have completed an English language proficiency test within the past two years and have achieved a minimum IELTS score (or equivalent) of 6.5 (with a minimum of 6.0 in each band).
- Students must have a Full Offer to be eligible for consideration.
How to Apply
Applications must be made by the completing the application form available at this link:https://www.cognitoforms.com/WIT8/InternationalStudentScholarshipApplicationForm
The closing date for receipt of applications is 15th June 2017.
For further information please contact Fiona Purcell on [email protected]
*Not all postgraduate programmes will be eligible for the Wicket Scholarships. Please contact Fiona Purcell for further information.
- The Ministry will open the application for Malaysian International Scolarship (MIS) starting from 1 february 2017. The MIS which has been introduce since 2008 is an initiative by the Government of Malaysia to attract the best brain from around the world to pursue advanced academic studies in Malaysia. This Scolarship aims to support Government's of Malaysia's efforts to attract and motivate talents from abroad.
- Irish students with excellent academic records and outstanding co-curricular backgrounds are welcomed to apply for this scolarship and further their studies at any selected, well- established Malaysian public or private universities at post graduate or post-doctoral level. The deadline for application is 31st March 2017. Please find attached the details of offering for your kind reference.