International Student Scholarships
Waterford Institute of Technology (WIT) is committed to attracting high calibre students from around the world. To this end, we offer a wide-range of scholarships to students from a number of countries (NON EU, fee paying Students only), in line with our strategic international priorities.
Our scholarships for the 2018/19 academic year are currently being restructured to ensure we maximise the opportunities for future students. Our goal is to ensure our scholarships provide valuable financial and educational assistance.
Please be advised your eligibility for one of our scholarships will depend on your academic achievement (those indicated on your application for admission), not on your family need. International students who may qualify for scholarships are still expected to demonstrate the ability to cover a significant percentage of the cost of their education.
We expect our new scholarships for the 2018/19 academic year will be made available from March 2018.
Please see the Country sections below for information on Country specific Scholarships.
Scholarships are also available from national agencies where WIT has been approved as a study destination under a number of different international scholarship programmes. In association with Irish Aid, WIT is pleased to offer 2 scholarships for Vietnamese applicants for the following programmes:
- MSc in Computing (Information System Process)
- MSc in Global Financial Information Systems (with internship – 9 months in class followed by 3 months of industrial placement)
- MEng in Electronic Engineering
- MSc in Innovative Technology Engineering
This scholarship entitles the recipient to reduced tuition fees, at the EU fee rate, in line with Irish Aid policy.
Applicants most hold an Honours Bachelors degree or equivalent and must meet all Institute entry requirements including proficiency in English.
For further information please go to the Irish Aid website: http://www.irishaidfellowships.ie
Brazil - Science without Borders - Doctoral Research Programme
Science without Borders is a large scale scholarship program primarily funded by the Brazilian federal government. The program seeks to strengthen and expand the initiatives of science and technology, innovation and competitiveness through international mobility of undergraduate and graduate students and researchers.
The program is a joint effort of the Ministry of Education (MEC) and the Ministry of Science and Technology (MCT) through their respective funding agencies - CAPES and CNPq.
For further information please go to the following WIT webpage: https://www.wit.ie/research/for_postgrads/science_without_borders_pg
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia - King Abdullah Scholarship Programme
The King Abdullah Scholarship Program (KASP) has helped make Saudi Arabia one of the largest sources of international students.
Students are approved to study undergraduate and postgraduate programmes across a wide range of disciplines, subject to approval from the Ministry of Higher Education in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
For further information please go to the website http://www.mohe.gov.sa
- The Ministry will open the application for Malaysian International Scolarship (MIS) starting from 1 february 2017. The MIS which has been introduce since 2008 is an initiative by the Government of Malaysia to attract the best brain from around the world to pursue advanced academic studies in Malaysia. This Scolarship aims to support Government's of Malaysia's efforts to attract and motivate talents from abroad.
- Irish students with excellent academic records and outstanding co-curricular backgrounds are welcomed to apply for this scolarship and further their studies at any selected, well- established Malaysian public or private universities at post graduate or post-doctoral level. The deadline for application is 31st March 2017. Please find attached the details of offering for your kind reference.