WIT offers postgraduate courses at Masters and Doctoral (PhD) levels for students who meet the academic requirements for admission. Achieving higher degrees greatly enhances the holder’s employability, earning capacity and promotional prospects. Postgraduate degrees may be undertaken in either taught mode or research mode. Please visit the postgraduate and research sections of WIT's website for further information.
How to Apply - Postgraduate Study
Applicants who wish to apply for a taught postgraduate, higher diploma or postgraduate diploma course, should apply online through the Postgraduate Applications Centre.
- Honours degree in a related subject.
- If English is not your first language, students should present evidence of English language competence. Please see here for a full list of WIT’s English Language Requirements.
- Some programmes may have further entry requirements relevant to the programme. Please refer to the individual programme at https://www.wit.ie/courses for detailed entry requirements.
Applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
The PAC online application facility opens in November of each academic year. Once your completed application is submitted and all supporting documentation (see below) is uploaded, you will receive a confirmation email with your PAC application reference number. Once this is received, please forward your PAC application reference number to the Admissions team to enable us to follow up with your application.
Our closing date for receipt of applications is 17 June. Students are required to familiarise themselves with visa processing times for their country of origin to ensure a timely application is made.
When making your application, please note the following:
- In order to make an application, you must first register and create an account with PAC.
- An application can be made by a student, or by an agent on behalf of the student.
- An application fee of €50 (non-refundable) applies which is payable to PAC. You will need access to a credit card to facilitate this payment. You will be unable to complete the application process until payment has successfully been made.
- Upload all relevant documentation such as:
- Verified transcript of all results
- Graduation Certificate
- Copy of English language test e.g. IELTS, TOEFL etc.
- Current copy of C.V.
- Copy of picture page of passport
- Personal Statement
- Official documentation relating to any other academic / professional non-degree qualification
Sometimes a grading certificate may be requested. You will be contacted by PAC for this, and for any further information required to assess your application.
Once you have submitted an application to PAC, please forward your PAC application reference number to the Admissions team to enable us to follow up at our end.
The closing date for receipt of applications from applicants in visa-required countries ranges from 31st May to 15th June each year. For non- visa required countries, the closing date ranges from 30th June to 15th July.