Dean O’Mahony, who is studying Bachelor of Business (Hons), a past pupil of Waterpark College, was the 21st recipient of the scholarship
The John Hume Credit Union Scholarship was one of a number of awards presented at the Waterford Institute of Technology (WIT) School of Business Annual Recognition of Awards Ceremony 2019. The award was presented by Linda O Kane on behalf of the combined Credit Unions in Waterford to Dean O’Mahony who is studying the Bachelor of Business (Hons).
The John Hume Combined Credit Union Scholarship is open to first year undergraduate business student and is presented to the best applicant from a first year business programme in the School. Lisduggan St Dominic and Waterford Credit Unions have a long relationship spanning over 20 years with the Business School where the combined City Credit Unions sponsor the John Hume Scholarship.
Linda O’Kane on behalf of the Combined Credit Union said: “The combined Credit Unions of Lisduggan, St Dominic and Waterford are delighted to be associated with the Dean's List Ceremony and announce Dean O'Mahony as the 21st recipient of the John Hume Sholarship.”
High profile recipients
“Our 21 John Hume Scholarship winners to date are spread over the four corners of the world working in such places as the EU, some of the largest stockbrokers firms and the top five accounting firms. This is a testament to the calibre of winners and the esteem in which the Scholarship is held.”
The Scholarship raises the profile of the relationship between business and the community and the relationship between the School and the credit union movement. The Scholarship recipient holds it for their period of study.
- Bachelor of Business (Honours) in Business (Common Entry)
- Bachelor of Business (Honours) in Business (Marketing)
- Bachelor of Business (Honours) in Business (Management)
- Bachelor of Business (Honours) in Business (Human Resource Management)
- Bachelor of Business (Honours) in Business (Economics & Finance)
- Bachelor of Business (Honours) in Business (Accounting)
- Bachelor of Business in Business
- Higher Certificate in Business in Business
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in International Business
- Bachelor of Science in Fashion Buying and Retail Management
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Marketing & Digital Media
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Accounting