Students from the Department of Architecture put on a display of their finest course work from throughout the year to an audience of attendees
The Department of Architecture at Waterford Institute of Technology (WIT) held their annual End of Year Graduate Exhibition on Thursday 18 May at the Granary campus.
The work from four separate graduating classes, the BA (Hons) Architecture, BSc in Architectural Technology, BSc (Hons) in Architectural & BIM Technology and the BSc in Applied Conservation Studies was on display.
The event was opened by President of the Royal Institute of the Architects of Ireland, Carole Pollar who said, "I would like to thank Aleks Kostic and staff of WIT School of Architecture for inviting me to the 2017 End of Year Show. As President of the RIAI I am delighted to promote engagement between the RIAI and the schools of architecture in an effort to forge stronger links between education and practice. I hope that this new cohort of WIT graduates will become active graduate members of the RIAI and I also hope that many of you will attend the RIAI Annual Conference in Dublin in October."
The exhibition on the day saw the following;
- Ground floor around lift area – The best projects from each of the year/programme
- Ground floor A5 Studio – A5 Studio held final year work
- First floor A4 Studio and break out space – BA Architecture Year 4
- Second Floor Lobby / Area outside Lecture Hall - BA Architecture Y3
- Second Floor A2/A3 Studio – BA Architecture Y2
- Third Floor comp. labs and area around the lift – All Years in Architectural and BIM Technology
- Third floor A1 studio – BA Architecture Year 1
Related CoursesBachelor of Science in Architectural & Building Information Modelling Technology
Bachelor of Architecture (Honours) in Architecture