We asked the Department of Health Sport And Exercise Science at WIT to look back over 2015 and pick out some key achievements from staff and students
It was all hands on deck in 2015 for the Department of Health Sport And Exercise Science at WIT. Here’s the Departments round up of staff, student and department highlights from 2015
Exercise and Health student Vikki Falconer captained WIT to the Ashbourne cup in camogie.
Edel Maher and Maedhbh Roche were elected to Welfare Officer and President in the SU.
Margie Kadango (Masters Student) presented at the National Integration through Sport Conference.
Peter Jones (Masters student) won Best Oral Presentation at WIT Research Day.
DHSES students involved in piloting of Peer2Peer programe in WIT.
The Annual Sports Ball held on April 15th with Niamh Briggs (DHSES graduate) as a special guest.
Staff and students involved in Movember 2015.
Staff member Barry Lambe graduated with a PhD in October.
Ciara Losty represented the Department at Olympic Council Conference.
The Health Promotion course received European accreditation.
The GAA launched the Healthy Club Report, produced by Niamh Murphy and Aoife Lane.
Sport Psychology Conference marks the 10 year anniversary of the MSc in Applied Sport and Exercise Psychology
Faculty exchange between St John Fisher College in New York and the Department of Health, Sport & Exercise Science at WIT. Read about a tale of two cities.
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Sports Coaching & Performance
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Exercise Sciences (Common Entry)
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Sport & Exercise Science
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Nutrition & Exercise Science
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Health & Exercise Science
- Master of Science in Applied Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Bachelor of Business in Recreation & Sport Management
- Bachelor of Business (Honours) in Recreation & Sport Management