Lineup for week includes new open event to attract talent to Waterford as well as highlight engineering to CAO applicants and unqualified adults
Scientific Sue's show for primary school students The Science of Dragons show ensured that Engineers Week (28 February-5 March) got off to a roaring start at SETU.
It is one of a range of exciting workshops that primary and secondary schools across the south east are enjoying this week.
Waterford Engineering Week is run by the School of Engineering at SETU in order to show the importance of engineering in our lives. It is also a chance for primary and secondary pupils to engage in activities that promote creative problem solving, design and highlight the importance of science and maths. It is run in association with Engineers Ireland's national Engineers Week.
This year WIT's School of Engineering is reaching beyond schoolchildren and has a Saturday event for school leavers and jobseekers.
As part of Engineers Week , SETU is running a #ThinkWaterford Engineering Showcase at SETU Main Campus on Saturday, 5 March between 10am and 1pm.
The event follows on from the recent discussions with industry such as Bausch + Lomb, Genzyme, Teva, Nypro, SCHIVO, West Pharma, Dawn Meats, BAM, Imtech Suir, Winthrop and other locally-based companies who have engineering recruitment and skills requirements.
The showcase will focus on engineering jobs (current and medium-term) and careers (medium to long-term). This open event is for qualified people looking for current opportunities as well as unqualified and CAO applicants thinking about choosing Engineering courses.
Each participating company will have staff attending to answer questions around HR/Recruitment and Engineering.
There will also be a number of SETU stands which will have School of Engineering staff and students displaying the various undergrad, postgrad and research group activities. Event partners include Waterford Chamber, Enterprise Ireland and the IDA.
Booking is not required for the Showcase event.
- Higher Certificate in Engineering in Electronic Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) in Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
- Higher Certificate in Engineering in Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Manufacturing Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Architectural Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Architectural & Building Information Modelling Technology
- Bachelor of Architecture (Honours) in Architecture
- Master of Science in Construction Project Management (full time)
- Master of Science in Construction Project Management (part time)
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Construction Management & Engineering
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Quantity Surveying
- Master of Science in Innovative Technology Engineering
- Master of Science in Sustainable Energy Engineering