To be eligible students or their parent/guardian must be a member of St Dominic or Waterford Credit Unions
A long-running scholarship for Waterford Institute of Technology’s (WIT) first year School of Business undergraduate students is now open for applications from first year students. The deadline for applications is 20 September 2021.
The John Hume Combined Credit Union Scholarship, run in association with St. Dominic and Waterford Credit Unions in the city is open for applications from students who have completed first year on any programme in the School of Business.
On behalf of St. Dominic and Waterford Credit Unions, Linda O’Kane said: “Waterford Credit Union and St. Dominic Credit Union have joined forces again to offer one lucky student €1,000 per year of any degree course they undertake in the Business School at Waterford Institute of Technology. This Scholarship is worthwhile not just in monetary terms, but the association with the name John Hume is not to be underestimated.”
John Hume MEP, Nobel Peace Laureate, lent his name to the John Hume Scholarship at WIT.
The Scholarship raises the profile of the relationship between business and the community and the relationship between the School and the credit union movement.
Each autumn at the School of Business Awards, the John Hume Scholarship is presented to the best eligible applicant.
Joan McDonald, Head of the Department of Management & Organisation in WIT’s School of Business said: “the success past winners have gone on to is a testament to the calibre of winners and the esteem in which the Scholarship is held.”
How to apply
Applications can be made via:
Applicants (or a parent or guardian) must be a member of one of the two credit unions.
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Accounting
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in International Business
- Higher Certificate in Business in Business
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Marketing & Digital Media
- Bachelor of Business in Business
- Bachelor of Business (Honours) in Business (Common Entry)
- Bachelor of Business (Honours) in Business Information Systems
- Bachelor of Business (Honours) in Business (Accounting)
- Bachelor of Business (Honours) in Business (Economics & Finance)
- Bachelor of Business (Honours) in Business (Human Resource Management)
- Bachelor of Business (Honours) in Business (Management)
- Bachelor of Business (Honours) in Business (Marketing)