Ag Science lecturer Dr Bill Keogh was raised on a dairy farm in Co Kilkenny. His research interests are animal nutrition and dairy production systems
Dr Bill Keogh, Lecturer in Agricultural Science
Lectures on BSc (Hons) Agricultural Science
Modules taught Livestock Management, Animal Nutrition, Environmental Science and all other modules related to Agricultural Science
Home is Co Kilkenny
Land Science credentials I was reared on a dairy farm in Co Kilkenny which I am still actively involved in.
My interest in agricultural science stems from the love of farming I got from my parents and the farm I was reared on in Co Kilkenny.
Undergraduate degree BSc (Hons) Animal Science
PhD title The evaluation of alternative forages for in-situ utilisation by non-lactating pregnant dairy cows during the winter period
Research interests Animal nutrition and dairy production systems
Career trends for agricultural science graduates: Advisory and consultancy, pharmaceutical, teaching, marketing and sales. The possibilities are endless.
My top tip for students wanting to get ahead in ag science is dedication and determination.
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Agricultural Science
- Bachelor of Science in Horticulture (Kildalton College)
- Bachelor of Science in Horticulture (National Botanic Gardens)
- Bachelor of Science in Forestry
- Bachelor of Science in Food Science & Innovation
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Land Management in Agriculture
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Land Management in Forestry
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Land Management in Horticulture