The Forum will run annually, adding significantly to the range of existing seminars, live cases and guest speaker events available to our students
WIT has announced that it is to run an annual Digital Marketing Forum citing the significance of new digital technologies as outlined in the Government's Innovation 2020 report.
The inaugural WIT Digital Marketing Forum took place in November 2016. Professor Denis Harrington, head of graduate business said that the forum will now be offered as an annual digital learning and showcase event, adding significantly to the range of existing seminars, live cases and guest speaker events available to our students.
“We are delighted to host our Digital Marketing Forum as part of the programme of study for our postgraduate marketing and business students," he added.
Building digital knowledge
"The strategic use of digital marketing approaches, employment of e-commerce strategies and the development of on-line data analytic capabilities are fundamental for the growth of the majority of modern organisations. This is underlined in the recent Government report Innovation 2020 which highlighted the significance for businesses of harnessing new digital technologies to develop and sustain successful business models,” Harrington added.
Students from WIT's Master of Business Studies, MBSI, Higher Diploma in Management and BA in Marketing and Digital Media participated in November's highly informative event. The programme was delivered by three leading practitioners from the digital industry, all of whom are graduates of WIT.
Cian McDonagh, the Digital Marketing Manager for Three Ireland, briefed the students about the key trends and developments in the digital domain, before illustrating the creative process behind the Three Christmas digital campaign. A very practical seminar was delivered by Danny O’Brien the Chief Marketing Officer of Blue Chief Social Media. Danny highlighted the digital channels and resources that students need to engage with to build their digital knowledge and profile for prospective employers.
Power of analytics
Jane Morgan, the founder and CEO of JEM 9 marketing consultancy, focused on the power of Google and web analytics in facilitating the enhancement of company’s consumer knowledge. Jane followed her seminar with an enlightening workshop on how these analytical tools can be used to map customer journey profiles.
Dr Paul Morrissey, co-director, Masters in Business Studies programme and organiser of the event, remarked: “The forum was an extremely enjoyable and informative experience for all who participated in the event. Digital Marketing skills are essential for any marketing graduate seeking progression in their career and the forum served to enhance the broad portfolio of expertise that our postgraduate students acquire. It is gratifying to see our past graduates progressing so well in their careers and willing to return to WIT to share their experiences and knowledge with their contemporaries.”
The programme was very well received by all participants and will become an annual event in the WIT Postgraduate School of Business.
Further details on postgraduate Masters in Business Studies (offered full and part-time) is available on the WIT website or alternatively contact our Graduate Business Administrator, Ms Margo O’Dowd at [email protected] or 051 302424.
- Master of Business in (Economics and Finance Stream)
- Master of Business in (Human Resource Management Stream)
- Master of Business in Internationalisation
- Master of Business in (Management Stream)
- Master of Business in (Marketing Stream)
- Doctor of Business Administration in DBA (part time)
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Marketing & Digital Media
- Module in Digital Marketing and Social Media
- Bachelor of Business in Business
- Bachelor of Business (Honours) in Business (Common Entry)
- Bachelor of Business (Honours) in Bachelor of Business (Hons)
- Higher Diploma in Business in Management
- Higher Diploma in Science in Business Systems Analysis [2-Year Online]
- Higher Certificate in Business in Business
- Higher Certificate in Business in Business
- Bachelor of Science in Food Science with Business
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in International Business
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Legal Studies with Business
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Business (Honours) in Recreation & Sport Management