Returning to college? Going to third level for the first time? Here's some of the key steps if you want to start college as an adult
Did you know you have hundreds of course options?
Research your chosen course or topic you’re most interested in at www.wit.ie/courses
- Intent on becoming a full-time undergraduate student on one of our 60+ CAO courses? Research our full-time undergraduate courses and visit the Mature section of the website.
- If you’re a jobseeker, a home maker, looking to reskill or upskill, or just looking for a change check out your eligibility for our variety of Springboard+ courses.
- Part-time and flexible study is a great option. There’s short courses, part-time postgraduate courses, and part-time undergraduate courses at all levels - some are partially or fully online.
- Check if you're eligible for one of our postgraduate courses which include part-time, full-time, flexible and blended learning.
Do your research: visit the campus or talk to staff
- Do a virtual campus tour
- Contact a course leader or ask questions on the course page
- Ask questions when we are running our 'Ask WIT' phone, online and drop-in sessions
- Ask questions using the web chat on our wbesite
- Attend an open day or open evening (see www.wit.ie/events for upcoming events)
Get professional guidance
Make contact with the Waterford Educational Guidance Service for Adults (WEGSA, formerly REGSA) which provides an independent, confidential and free educational and career guidance service to adults. Make an appointment - it will be good for you to talk to someone at least before college place offers are made to mature applicants to full-time CAO courses over the summer.
Keep an eye on the WIT website's events section for a Taster Day for mature students - this may be scheduled in March or April each year.
Familiarise yourself with the steps for applying to the CAO for a full-time level 6, 7 or 8 course at WIT
- Read about the application steps to apply for a full-time course through the CAO in detail at www.wit.ie/mature or attend
- Apply online for your full-time undergraduate course through the CAO at www.cao.ie
- Fill out the Mature Applicant Assessment form when you receive it from WIT and return promptly.
- Doctor of Business Administration in DBA (part time)
- Master of Business Administration in Executive MBA (part time)
- Master of Business in (Marketing Stream)
- Master of Business in (Economics and Finance Stream)
- Master of Business in (Management Stream)
- Master of Business in (Human Resource Management Stream)
- Master of Business in Internationalisation
- Master of Business in in Lean Enterprise Excellence
- Masters in Education in Teaching and Learning
- Master of Science in Digital Marketing Practice
- Higher Diploma in Business in Management
- Certificate in Management Development
- Certificate in Project Management
- Certificate in Economics & Finance
- Master of Arts in Management in Education
- Postgraduate Diploma in Teaching in Further Education (Part time)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Teaching in Further Education (Full time)
- Master of Engineering in Electronic Engineering
- Master of Science in Sustainable Energy Engineering
- Master of Science in Innovative Technology Engineering
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Master of Science in Construction Project Management (full time)
- Master of Science in Construction Project Management (part time)
- Master of Science in MSc in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) and Motivational Interviewing (MI) for Practice
- Master of Science in Applied Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Higher Diploma in Science in Business Systems Analysis [2-Year Evening]
- Higher Diploma in Arts in TV & Media Production - LÉIRIÚ TEILFÍSE AGUS NA MEÁN
- Certificate in nZEB Design (Postgraduate)
- Master of Science/Post Graduate Diploma in Analytical Science with Quality Management
- Master of Science in Computing (Enterprise Software Systems)
- Master of Science in Computing (Information Systems Processes) (full time)
- Master of Arts in Applied Spirituality
- Master of Arts in Social Justice and Public Policy
- Master of Arts in Arts and Heritage Management
- Higher Diploma in Arts in Early Childhood Studies,Care and Education
- Certificate in Advanced Chromatographic Techniques
- Certificate in Advanced Spectroscopic Techniques
- Certificate in Advanced Materials Characterisation
- Certificate in Strategic Quality Managment
- Certificate in Statistics and Data Analysis
- Certificate in International Regulatory Affairs
- Certificate in Food Safety and Analytical Microbiology
- Certificate in Biopharmaceutical Analysis and Cell Culture
- Certificate in Advanced Drug Formulation Science
- Higher Diploma in Science in Computer Science ( 2-year Online )