The WIT Engineering Schools Challenge recently took place in WIT as part of the 2019 Engineering Week. WIT are extremely grateful to Winthrop Engineering for their kind sponsorship of this event
In the morning the teams researched and prepared a presentation based on the project brief, in summary the teams were asked to prepare a proposal that would provide energy to the proposed new North Quays Development in Waterford City while having a Fun element incorporated that would give something back to the people of Waterford. Teams were made up of 3 students from each school who were joined by 2 WIT students from Year 1 of the Common Engineering Program at WIT, teams worked extremely well together and came up with some brilliant ideas and concepts.
All teams presented their proposals to the judging panel in the afternoon, eventually the team from Mercy School Waterford defeated Newtown School in the Final. However the standard was extremely high this year and all teams are to be complimented on their hard work and engagement with the project. Teams from Abbey Community College, St. Pauls Waterford, Mount Sion Waterford, Newtown Waterford and Mercy School Waterford took part this year.
Thank you to WIT Lecturers for organising and holding the event, special thank you also to the WIT students who took part, CALMAST for all their help, Ann Power for taking pictures of the event and all the support staff at WIT for their continuing help.
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) in Engineering (Common Entry)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) in Electronic Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) in Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) in Sustainable Energy Engineering
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Construction Management & Engineering
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Quantity Surveying
- Bachelor of Architecture (Honours) in Architecture
- Bachelor of Science in Architectural & Building Information Modelling Technology