9 current and former WIT students will pull on Déise jerseys representing Waterford against the rebel county in the All Ireland Semi-Final on Sunday
Waterford will play Cork in the All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship Semi-Final this Sunday, 13 August with throw in at 3:30pm.
The clash between the two Munster teams will take place in Croke Park, which has the capacity to hold 73,500 supporters.
This will be the 65th championship clash between the counties.
Waterford will again line out against Cork in what is a very much anticipated encounter. In total 9 current and former WIT students will be pulling on Déise jerseys representing Waterford against Cork this Sunday.
With the popular and highly regarded Sports Scholarship programme for 60+ students and now the use of the facilities at the WIT Arena which opened in September 2016, WIT is a popular destination for GAA players in the south east at both undergraduate and postgraduate level.
The Waterford players from WIT involved this Sunday include:
- Stephen O’ Keefe: Former WIT Business student who won the Fitzgibbon cup with WIT in 2014, playing in goal.
- Noel Connors: Current WIT PhD Business student (on club leadership within the GAA)
- Shane Fives: Former WIT Health Sciences student who, as a first year, won the Fitzgibbon Cup with WIT in 2008 on the half back line.
- Kevin Moran: Former WIT Fitzgibbon Cup winning captain in 2008
- Jake Dillon: Former WIT Business Masters student, Jake won the Fitzgibbon Cup with WIT in 2014. He was named Man of the Match in the final against CIT.
- Pauric Mahoney: Former WIT Business Management Masters student. He won a Fitzgibbon Cup with WIT in 2014 as centre forward. Pauric was a sports scholarship student.
- Stephen Roche: WIT Business Management Masters student. Stephen was a WIT sports scholarship student.
- Shane McNulty: Current third year Business student, Shane is also a WIT sports scholarship student
- Austin Gleeson: Current fourth year Business student and sports scholarship student in WIT
Related CoursesMaster of Business in (Management Stream)
Bachelor of Business in Business
Bachelor of Business (Honours) in Business
Bachelor of Business (Honours) in Recreation & Sport Management
Bachelor of Business (Honours) in Recreation and Sport Management
Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Exercise Sciences (Common Entry)
Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Sport & Exercise Science
Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Nutrition & Exercise Science
Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Health & Exercise Science