SETU Research Awards 2022
EXTENSION on all Categories for Nomination until Tuesday the 7th at 4pm
Nomination Deadline 02 June 2022 at 4pm Irish Time.
We are pleased to announce our SETU Research Awards. On behalf of Dr. Declan Doyle (Carlow Campus) Dr. Mark White (Waterford Campus), Dr. Geraldine Canny (Waterford Campus), and Dr. Brian Jackson (Carlow Campus) SETU are delighted to invite nominations under 4 Award Categories as described below and detailed on our guidance document and nomination forms that are available on the Tab below to download.
The aim of the SETU Research Awards is to recognise the outstanding contributions of academic and research staff for excellent and innovative research that enhances SETU’s reputation.
All nomination forms for your chosen category must be submitted in PDF to [email protected] before 4pm on June 02, 2022. The guidance on the nomination process is available in our guidance document, and it is important to review this document carefully in advance of completing a nomination. Please provide sufficient detail within your nomination forms with respect to the criteria set for each category and the review criteria. This will help the reviewers assess your nomination.
External evaluations will be conducted for Categories 1-3 below. These awards will recognise the commitment and excellence of our research community in driving innovation and impact across all disciplines. All reviewers will be required to sign a Conflict of Interest form prior to conducting their evaluation.
If you are aware of a member of SETU staff who has made a significant contribution to research, this is your opportunity to highlight that contribution. The four award categories for the SETU Research Awards are:
1. Early Career Researcher Award (Max. 5 years post-PhD)
- Recognition of research excellence commensurate with career stage.
- To qualify for this category, nominees must be a contract researcher within 5 years of PhD conferral date or an Assistant Lecturer/Lecturer/Senior Lecturer within 5 years of PhD conferral date.
2 Established Researcher Award (Over 5 years post-PhD)
- Recognition of distinguished achievements/outstanding contributions at an established career stage.
- To qualify for this category, nominees must be a contract researcher or an Assistant Lecturer/Lecturer/Senior Lecturer with more than 5 years of post-PhD experience or a Senior Lecturer or Professor (irrespective of PhD conferral date, Senior Lecturers/Professors must be nominated under the Established Researcher category).
3 Research Impact Award
- Recognition of distinguished achievements/outstanding contributions and impactful research, irrespective of career stage.
- To qualify for this category, nominees must be a contract researcher (including Postdoctoral fellows) or an Assistant Lecturer/Lecturer/Senior Lecturer.
4 Research Supervision Award
- This award category aims to recognise, encourage and reward sustained excellence in postgraduate Research Masters/PhD student supervision at SETU.