Included below are a number of useful presentations from past training events that researchers may find both interesting and helpful for their activities.
- Getting Ready for Horizon Europe presented by Dr Sean McCarthy from Hyperion hosted a presentation to prepare us for the next European Framework Programme – Horizon Europe by preparing a strategy, identifying what is new and the most appropriate funding programmes in the framework. (the password for this presentation is available on request from Philomena Treacy, EU Programmes Officer)
- Research Data Management presented by Professor Kalpana Shankar from UCD covered topics including incentives/barriers to data sharing, data management planning, FAIR principles, and Irish/European mandates.
- Collaborating with Industry Masterclass facilitated by Skillfluence took participants through ten key tips for building productive connections with industry.
- Communicate with Impact Masterclass facilitated by Skillfluence helped researchers “connect the dots” between effective communications, successful funding applications, societal impact and career success.
- Open Research – facilitated by David Kane, outlined the policy background to open science, including national policy and SETU Waterford’s own open research policy, showed how to comply with the policy by making research and data open to explain, in a workshop setting, how to use ORCID and DOI to help comply with the requirements for open access.
- Managing your Funded Research Project – Dr. Geraldine Canny and Jo Holohan provide an overview of the supports provided by the Research Support Unit and the generic rules and regulations that apply to all research projects.
- Managing Research Finances – Susan Green provides an overview of the generic financial rules and regulations that apply to all research projects.