NEW Springboard+ 2017/18
Springboard+ offers opportunites for FREE one-year higher education programmes. While many Springboard courses are targeted to Jobseekers, from 2017 many of the FREE courses are also open to those in employment and Homemakers. The FREE courses open to employed people will typically be in the areas of ICTSkills conversion and BioPharmaChem/Medtech manufacturing.
Eligible applicants for Springboard+ 2017 are as follows:
- Those in receipt of an eligible payment from the Department of Social Protection and the formerly self-employed
- People who meet the criteria for ICT conversion courses irrespective of employment status
- Homemakers: people not in receipt of a payment from the Department of Social Protection that have been out of the work environment for a number of years due to childcare or other caring obligations and have a previous history of employment but may require upskilling, reskilling or cross-skilling to transition back to the workforce
- People with a level 7 ICT qualification seeking upskilling in that discipline to a level 8 irrespective of employment status
- People who wish to upskill or reskill to meet a specific emerging skills gap in the Biopharma/Med Tech sector irrespective of employment status
Please see more information at www.springboardcourses.ie/eligibility
What Springboard+ courses will be available at WIT in 2017/18?
We do not currently know. The Springboard+ courses for 2017/18 will be published on www.springboardcourses.ie and open for applications from the week starting Monday 15th May 2017.