Application is not currently availible
The SAF aims to provide support to disadvantaged part-time students of the School of Lifelong Learning and Education who are experiencing extreme financial difficulties and/or have experienced a major change of circumstances.
The SAF is generally open to applications from registered part-time WIT students who can provide documented evidence that they are experiencing extreme financial difficulties. The SAF is subject to availability and eligibility and it is governed by National & EU regulations.
Please Note: Costs associated with child care, transport to WIT and books and course materials may all be eligible for the Student Assistance Fund. Tuition, Registration or Examination fees will not be supported by the SAF.
Training and assistance can be provided to students for completing the online application and uploading relevant documents.
Assessment of Applications
- Your application will be assessed on its own merits; therefore, it is your responsibility to provide detailed reasons for your application.
- Please upload documentary evidence of all of your monthly income and expenditure
- A final decision can only be made based on the documentation provided; therefore, it is your responsibility to provide all relevant supporting documentation with your application. This is not grounds for appeal and you cannot submit further documentation after the closing date.
- This information will only be used: (i) to assess your application for assistance; and (ii) for audit purposes and may be subject to audit. Your application will be considered on its own merits taking into account your documented income and circumstances and, where relevant, your spouse, partner or parents.
- You may be invited for interview in relation to your application.
- You will be notified of the outcome of your application via email.
- The decision is valid for an academic year and payment of the grant will be subject to satisfactory class attendance (verified by records of your class attendance).
- If your application has been deemed unsuccessful, you are entitled to re-apply, as outlined in your notification e-mail.