South East Technological University has always prioritised staff training and development to pursue personal growth in the interests of performing their duties and for self fulfilment. SETU Waterford provides a professional and supportive service to all staff in an open and accessible environment, and ensures that all activities reflect the Strategic Plan of the Institute.
The Continuing Professional Development Co-ordinator
The CPD Co-ordinator was appointed in 2007 to aid the institute in fulfilling its training and development objectives. One of the key priorities was to aid with the coordination, launch and implementation of the Staff Training and Development Strategy in 2007. Since then the CPD Co-ordinator has been engaged in co-ordinating central provision, liaising with line managers and maintaining effective open lines of communication with staff surrounding training and development.
The Training & Development Committee
The Training and Development Committee is a broad based representative body of the Institute's staff which advises and assists in the delivery of the objectives od the Staff Development and Training Strategy and Plan 2012-2017. The committee meets at least two times per academic year. In conjunction with the CPD Coordinator and through consultation with the Institute’s Executives Board/Senior Management teams, the Committee will have responsibility for:
- Formulation of Staff Development Procedures and Policies;
- Review and update of Staff Development Procedures and Policies;
- Monitoring and reviewing effectiveness of Staff Development activities;
- Approval of Annual Staff Development Report for circulation to all staff; Annual presentation of CPD activities to the Executive Board of the Institute;
- Updating of Staff Training and Development Strategy and Plan in line with the Institute’s Strategic Plan.